Thread: Pocket 4K - Green skin tones at >1000 ISO

1. #1 Pocket 4K - Green skin tones at >1000 ISO 
    I received my pocket 4K and I love shooting with it. The weight and controls are fantastic. IQ is also very nice.

However I am noticing that my skin tones are really pushing green with I go above ISO 800. Is this normal or do I have a defective camera somehow? ISO 800 looks great and ISO 1250 has the green push (or lack of red if that is the culprit).

Lack of red, clipping red, im so confused =) what format/settings are you shooting on for trouble shooting documentation purposes. Naturally lit or studio?

SkinTone.jpg

ISO 800 on the left and ISO 1250 on the right. Seems like ISO 800 has more red in the cheeks?

Incandescent bulbs + 1 LED bulb in the room. F1.4 for ISO 800 and F2.0 for ISO 1250.

Maybe it is the LED bulb striking the face differently. I can try in the studio with pure tungsten.

At ISO 1250 the other gain circuit kicks in and you have to re-balance your WB.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Niessner View Post
    At ISO 1250 the other gain circuit kicks in and you have to re-balance your WB.
    WB 6500 should be WB 6500 on all iso's though. And if not, then bm should fix that in a firmware update. I am not going to shift tints everytime I change iso. (Allthough iso 800 is prob still 90% on there)

Quote Originally Posted by polaroid22 View Post
    WB 6500 should be WB 6500 on all iso's though. And if not, then bm should fix that in a firmware update. I am not going to shift tints everytime I change iso. (Allthough iso 800 is prob still 90% on there)
    So far in camera technology - ALL the other video cameras that employ a dual ISO sensor circuit require some form of adjustment. There is still no free lunch.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Quote Originally Posted by polaroid22 View Post
    WB 6500 is not even the same across two ursa mini pros. You're also comparing different log curves. Try shoot raw then adjust iso and compensate with exposure. You'll notice the skin tone change then as well as colors will change with contrast and different curves will hit different colors depending on your exposure and where they fall. And for the future don't adjust iris for such as test, use the shutter speed.