Thread: External Monitor for Pocket 4k

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 45
  1. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by stip View Post
    Just ordered the Feelworld F5 since it has both, HDMI through and 8.4V power out for dummy batteries, and it's dirt cheap.
    be careful with dummy battery from those monitors. Tom Antos (youtuber) said in one review that he was not able to use it. I believe it was feelworld.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #32  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,162
    Quote Originally Posted by KrocanX View Post
    be careful with dummy battery from those monitors. Tom Antos (youtuber) said in one review that he was not able to use it. I believe it was feelworld.
    I'll check that, thank you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #33  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    915
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BHahBB6zAg8 Here's the video where he says not to try to power P4k from dummy battery and feelworld monitor, the camera just draws too much power and can burn out the monitor. His other review of power options says good luck from wasabi batteries, getting same run time as genuine canon as well as percentage read out on the camera. I can manage 40 minutes if it means keeping the camera small, so good to know.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #34  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    832
    Im waiting on feel world to come out with an ultra bright 5inch.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #35  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    Im waiting on feel world to come out with an ultra bright 5inch.
    If you haven't tried a 7", I encourage you to do so. You may still find it too big, but you might be surprised. I've got the PortKeys HH7, and I love the size. It's not that much bigger physically, but the extra screen real-estate is appreciated. Combined with the Nucleus Nano, I've never felt so confident pulling focus.
    Pocketluts: Purpose-built LUTs for the Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K
    Pocketluts Store
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #36  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,162
    Quote Originally Posted by dop16mm View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BHahBB6zAg8 Here's the video where he says not to try to power P4k from dummy battery and feelworld monitor, the camera just draws too much power and can burn out the monitor.
    So after 4 weeks Feelworld answered my email by sending me a screenshot of the input and output voltages of that monitor. Well, thanks for nothing but kudos for answering at all

    I tried several of their newest 5" to 7" line and ended up keeping the 7" Ultra Bright monitor as it's super lightweight. 25% brightness is more than enough in normal conditions and I'm happy how long the battery lasts.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #37  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    915
    The issue identified, wouldn't be voltage, but rather amperage which can burn out tiny circuits. I have nothing against Feelword, I have one of the first ones that supported 24p on original pocket and am ready for an upgrade, they seem to have improved a lot in the last few years. I may yet pick up an Ma5 to go with my original pocket to downsize that package and only need one battery, it would still be useful on the 4k when an angled screen is needed, even if a single battery solution does not.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #38  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    212
    didn't think I was gonna ever say it, but I miss my 5" Visual Assist from my Micro rig - I swear the peaking got worse on the Pocket 4k after the firmware update and the only choice is red? most of the things I shoot have red in them!

    am I on drugs or did they remove the peaking strength slider from the original shipping menus?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #39  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by tmronin View Post
    didn't think I was gonna ever say it, but I miss my 5" Visual Assist from my Micro rig - I swear the peaking got worse on the Pocket 4k after the firmware update and the only choice is red? most of the things I shoot have red in them!

    am I on drugs or did they remove the peaking strength slider from the original shipping menus?
    Don't know if I missing something in your post but the pocket 4k has a whole bunch of colors for peaking besides red, before and after firmware update.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #40  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by mico View Post
    Don't know if I missing something in your post but the pocket 4k has a whole bunch of colors for peaking besides red, before and after firmware update.
    oh. duh. you have to have "Both" tab highlighted in the Monitor tab to have the Focus Peaking menu show up - I've had the "LCD" tab selected. The things you learn here on BMCUser.com - Thanks Mico!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. External Monitor for BMCC
    By Dreadas in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 06-08-2014, 10:05 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-17-2014, 07:42 PM
  3. BMPC , external monitor & LUT
    By ajpat in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-27-2013, 03:38 AM
  4. External Monitor Question
    By GrumboFilms in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-13-2013, 05:45 PM
  5. i-Pad as an External Monitor?
    By Sri in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-21-2012, 08:50 AM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •