Thread: External Monitor for Pocket 4k

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Has anyone checked out the new Atomos Shinobi monitor. Its not a recorder but is packed with features.The Shinobi 5.2" 4K HDMI Monitor is a 5.2" on-camera monitor that monitors DCI 4K, UHD 4K, and HD video input. It features a 10-bit FRC IPS screen with a brightness of 1000 cd/mē, which makes it suitable for use in both exterior and interior conditions. The AtomHDR display technology allows you to accurately monitor your log gamma footage without having to view flat, washed-out looking images or use a LUT to compress the dynamic range and color space. The monitor supports popular log formats from Sony, Canon, Panasonic, ARRI, RED, and JVC cameras

Quote Originally Posted by jdebmd View Post
    Has anyone checked out the new Atomos Shinobi monitor. Its not a recorder but is packed with features.The Shinobi 5.2" 4K HDMI Monitor is a 5.2" on-camera monitor that monitors DCI 4K, UHD 4K, and HD video input. It features a 10-bit FRC IPS screen with a brightness of 1000 cd/mē, which makes it suitable for use in both exterior and interior conditions. The AtomHDR display technology allows you to accurately monitor your log gamma footage without having to view flat, washed-out looking images or use a LUT to compress the dynamic range and color space. The monitor supports popular log formats from Sony, Canon, Panasonic, ARRI, RED, and JVC cameras
    I love the interface, having a waveform would be grand. It's 5 inch so similar to the pockets but brighter. The feelworld ultra bright 7inch however is 2200 nit, so larger brighter but the interface isn't nearly as nice and I don't think it has a wave form - can also come with SDI for other cameras. They are both a similar price, both made out of plastic and both run on the sony NP-F battery.

Black Magic don't have a (i think it's called) a white card so atomos couldn't include BMD film in the atomos monitors and the pocket is capable of sending a lut or expanded video to the HDMI. It's a tough call, extra brightness and larger screen or a more compact option with better UI.

Having only used a smallhd DP4 in the past anything above it's size and resolution looks fantastic to me but I'm currently considering between the two. The extra screen on the 7inch could be very handy for focus and the pocket 4k already has a 5inch monitor although not always view-able but the 5inch fit's much better onto the camera/ camera cage it'self and isn't a slouch at 1000 nits.

I would expect to see new video assist monitors at NAB however they'd include a recorder and be a fair bit pricier. The main draw for me is that the pocket 4k can do prores, Cdng raw and soon BRAW no problems in body. I'd rather not rely on external recording if I can help it, also comes with the benefit of saving $$.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    They are both a similar price, both made out of plastic and both run on the sony NP-F battery.
    The Feelworld 7" Ultra Bright without SDI is almost half the price.

Quote Originally Posted by stip View Post
    The Feelworld 7" Ultra Bright without SDI is almost half the price.
    ah right you are! I'd go the SDI though just for future proofing.

Does anyone have the shinobi on the pocket 4k atm? The spec sheet only lists it up to 59.94p and not 60p, does it cause any issues with viewing any of the higher FPS?

60p is 59.94p with most cameras, they just call it 60p.
    Cheers