Thread: Pocket 4K Battery Compatibility

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by joe12south View Post
    Do they display a percentage?
    They do show percentages, I just put a fully charged battery in and let the camera sit with the monitor at 100%. The battery lasted for 29 minutes. The percentage had gone down to 58% then the battery died and camera shut off. Here's a link https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-LP-E6-LP-...MAAOSw~IFbteOm
    Last edited by spencerfre; 10-14-2018 at 06:40 PM.

2. #42 Core SWX Powerbase Edge for C4K 
    Looks like Core SWX has a PowerBase solution for an external battery. Any thoughts on why this would or would not babe a good idea? It's $279 and gives 4 hours of run time:

https://www.adorama.com/sxpbebmpc4.h...RoCYXcQAvD_BwE

Quote Originally Posted by spencerfre View Post
    They do show percentages, I just put a fully charged battery in and let the camera sit with the monitor at 100%. The battery lasted for 29 minutes. The percentage had gone down to 58% then the battery died and camera shut off. Here's a link https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-LP-E6-LP-...MAAOSw~IFbteOm
    Thanks. Google Sheet updated.

Looks like Core SWX has a PowerBase solution for an external battery. Any thoughts on why this would or would not babe a good idea? It's $279 and gives 4 hours of run time:

Just looking at the product photos, I'm not sure if it'll work at all. There's no slot for the dummy battery cable on the BMP4K, so you'd have to leave the battery cover open.

Got a chance to shoot with my Ravpower a little more this weekend. Didn’t have enough time to do a duration comparison, but I did find that the percentage readout was really unreliable and jumped in large amounts at times. Hopefully this can be addressed with a camera firmware update.

Quote Originally Posted by kin869 View Post
    Just looking at the product photos, I'm not sure if it'll work at all. There's no slot for the dummy battery cable on the BMP4K, so you'd have to leave the battery cover open.
    The Battery cover does not have a slot BUT they designed it to be easily removable. They placed a small spring loaded notch thingy that you slide to release the hinge.

Here as a video from Core SWX showing how its done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCIEqrYkZ6s

Not exactly an elegant solution. I still hope some accessory maker would design a battery grip solution that follows the contours of the camera like they do with dslrs and allow 3 LP-E6 batteries. If they design it like some canon battery grip where the batteries come in from the back and they are arranged side x side and not end to end and slid from the side, then they could perhaps accomodate 4 LP-E6 batteries considering the 7 inch width of the camera, that would give around 3.75 ish hours of battery life.
    Last edited by ted ramasola; 10-15-2018 at 12:23 AM.

Sad to hear about the ENEGON battery getting stuck, those were going to be my first bet.

Also, if anybody gets a stuck battery, the safest way to get it out is to glue something on the battery's underside, then, once the glue is well settled, pull from that object. Try with double-sided tape first, but if that doesn't work, go for glue: you'll probably have to throw the battery away afterwards if the glue can't be safely removed, but I'd rather do that than damage the camera or do anything that can start a battery fire.

I tried everything I could to pull out the battery from the camera without damaging it, but it was impossible. Maybe it was because the battery expanded, who knows, but this seems to be a real problem if some people have already experienced this situation in such a brief period of time. It seems that also Canon LP-E6 batteries can get stuck so, could this be a design flaw?

I don't think it is a "bad" option per se, but I do question it's value compared to running a dummy battery to a v or gold mount battery plate.

The form factor seems odd. It's big and bulky like a v-mount, but doesn't offer the same mounting flexibility. The only way it seems like it would make sense is on a tripod.

Quote Originally Posted by kin869 View Post
    Wonder If you can purchase an extra battery cover from BMD, and custom cut or shave one of the covers so using a dummy battery, the cable won't be a problem