Thread: Pocket 4K Battery Compatibility

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    No experience with batteries getting stuck. The spring clip that holds them in does catch on a couple of notches of the batteries on the way out, so you may need to adjust it as you pull them out. I’m guessing that’s what people are running into. The word “stuck” conjures up an image of the battery locked down in there and not coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
    No experience with batteries getting stuck. The spring clip that holds them in does catch on a couple of notches of the batteries on the way out, so you may need to adjust it as you pull them out. I’m guessing that’s what people are running into. The word “stuck” conjures up an image of the battery locked down in there and not coming out.
    huh? that's exactly what it is, if you can't get it out, its stuck. Until you find a solution to get it out.... then it's considered stuck, unless you'd prefer saying notch caught....

As someone who owns the camera, I really think you are being a little over dramatic on the severity of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
    As someone who owns the camera, I really think you are being a little over dramatic on the severity of the issue.
    As someone who doesn't care if you own the camera or not, I think I'm actually not being a little over dramatic, I simply just brought up the issue OTHER people reported. YOU were actually the one who tried to have a different meaning of "Stuck" when it's not that serious. lmao

I've started a Google Sheet to track battery compatibility. As I read reports here and elsewhere I'll update: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Hi there! I only can talk about my experience: all I can say is yes, batteries indeed can get stuck inside the camera...

I received my unit from CVP last Monday, did some tests, and I was really enjoying the images that the camera produces and the flexibility of raw! However, I changed the original battery for an Enegon, I kept shooting, and when depleted I tried to take it out, but it was literally stuck inside!! It was like the battery wasn't sitting in the right position, though when inserting I didn't notice anything.

I've used many dslr style cameras with similar batteries and never had a problem like that. I sent the camera back to CVP for a repair or a replacement (which I hope will be soon), because I enjoy so much the quality of the pictures the camera produces. But now I'll be very very careful on which batteries I use and how they are inserted into the camera.

Just my two cents...

Quote Originally Posted by Pere Puigbert View Post
    Hi there! I only can talk about my experience: all I can say is yes, batteries indeed can get stuck inside the camera...

I received my unit from CVP last Monday, did some tests, and I was really enjoying the images that the camera produces and the flexibility of raw! However, I changed the original battery for an Enegon, I kept shooting, and when depleted I tried to take it out, but it was literally stuck inside!! It was like the battery wasn't sitting in the right position, though when inserting I didn't notice anything.

I've used many dslr style cameras with similar batteries and never had a problem like that. I sent the camera back to CVP for a repair or a replacement (which I hope will be soon), because I enjoy so much the quality of the pictures the camera produces. But now I'll be very very careful on which batteries I use and how they are inserted into the camera.

Just my two cents...
    Uh oh, I just bought a pair of Enegon batteries that are coming in tomorrow! Hopefully they don't get stuck like you're saying...

FWIW, I've seen reports of original Canon LP-E6 batteries getting stuck in Canon bodies as well. It doesn't seem like it's an issue isolated to 3rd party manufacturers.

Having canon cameras before with original and 3rd party LP-e6 batteries, my experience is that some 3rd party batteries are poorly made and the lithium battery inside heat up and expand
    and in an extreme case it deformed the battery, especially on the flat underside where the label is.
    I remembered using a sharp tool, forgot what exactly, to pry the battery out of the compartment. Upon getting it out it had a slight bulge. It's easy to miss when holding it at a distance, but feeling it carefully, the bulge was noticeable.

Lesson for me, be careful with 3rd party batteries. Get ones from those with good reviews and reputable sellers. And yeah, as mentioned above, it can also happen even to original batteries.. but rarely.

I had a Canon LP-E6 battery get stuck in my C4K camera yesterday. Baby stuck I mean the battery would not fall out when pressing the release that holds the battery in the camera. I originally tried gaffers tape, but it wasn't strong enough to pull the battery out. Finally, I stuck a piece of Ursa Mini Moleskin tape used to adhere lav mics on the battery and eventually was able to pull the batter out with that method. I ordered 6 of the Bonacell for LP-E6 off eBay. used them on a shoot yesterday, seemed like the camera was dying about every 30 minutes or so...

Quote Originally Posted by spencerfre View Post
    I ordered 6 of the Bonacell for LP-E6 off eBay. used them on a shoot yesterday, seemed like the camera was dying about every 30 minutes or so...
    Do they display a percentage?