Thread: Pocket 4K Battery Compatibility

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by S_Berger View Post
    All I can say is that there are bis issues with LP-E6N Batteries an the BMMCC (Micro Cinema Camera).
    So I would stick to LP-E6.
    And exactly what would those issues be?
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

my worry is the reports of people's batteries getting stuck in the camera. I believe they all have been third party batteries, not sure which brands though.

Quote Originally Posted by dougfunnieyo View Post
    my worry is the reports of people's batteries getting stuck in the camera. I believe they all have been third party batteries, not sure which brands though.
    Never heard of that - any links??

I have 4 Wasabi LP-E6 batteries and for some reason only 2 of them work with the BMP4K. The other 2 are fully charged and works with my Edelkrone slider, but for some reason won't work with the BMP4K...

I just purchased 2 Enegon batteries and I'll report back once I get those in.

Quote Originally Posted by gmfb View Post
    Never heard of that - any links??
    I'll see if I can find them, there was atleast 2 or 3 people that posted on facebook, one had a video of him trying to get it out.

Finally found the time to open my camera. Popped in my Ravpower batteries and they do give a percentage. If I can find the time, I’m going to try to determine how accurate it is and how long they last this weekend compared to the Blackmagic battery.

Quote Originally Posted by dougfunnieyo View Post
    I'll see if I can find them, there was atleast 2 or 3 people that posted on facebook, one had a video of him trying to get it out.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by gmfb View Post
    Thank you!
    battery.jpg

couldn't share link for some reason, theres some other posts on batteries getting stuck, just type in stuck in the search on the fb bmpcc4k community and user groups

EDIT: why is the upload pic so small lol. he said "The batteries are brand new. Enegon LP-E6". Someone else said " I’ve had the same issues when I got the camera, some batteries fit great some don’t and are super hard to get out". Man I have like 3 or 4 brand new wasabi just for the camera, got me scared to use em
    Last edited by dougfunnieyo; 10-13-2018 at 09:18 AM.

It’s too early here so this explanation will be written poorly.

If a battery gets stuck in a camera try removing it with a strip of gaffer tape. Tear off a strip of Gaffers about as wide as the battery, but many times longer, then fold most of sticky side back onto itself except for two tabs on the end. Attach the two tabs to the battery in a ‘T’ shape, rub them down firmly, using a coin if necessary, & try pulling the battery out.

Have had to do this when an assistant, Union I might add, inserted a OEM battery into a GH5 that had paper tape attached to it’s exterior.

Quote Originally Posted by Bern Caughey View Post
    Itís too early here so this explanation will be written poorly.

If a battery gets stuck in a camera try removing it with a strip of gaffer tape. Tear off a strip of Gaffers about as wide as the battery, but many times longer, then fold most of sticky side back onto itself except for two tabs on the end. Attach the two tabs to the battery in a ĎTí shape, rub them down firmly, using a coin if necessary, & try pulling the battery out.

Have had to do this when an assistant, Union I might add, inserted a OEM battery into a GH5 that had paper tape attached to itís exterior.
    damn, I can't even visualize this haha. Wish there was a video