Thread: Pocket 4K Battery Compatibility

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    FWIW because I've got a pair of them and the EVs I have for them also use LP-E6, I ordered a few different brands as well as original Canon batteries to do a comaprison this week.
    I'll probably end up with Canons but the difference between $1500 in bats vs $300 is worth the effort.

The problem is with reading % - which amazingly the BM spcific battery doesn't do in their own camera so I didn't order any more of those - reading accurate %, longevity of charge and longevity of life.

I can tell you after comparing two this weekend that the Pawa that B&H sells cheaply held a good charge but had a variable % readout power up to power up.
    But it did last. How it holds up over time - I wouldn't expect a lot for $12 but I'll know more in a week.
    Another of the brands coming is Wasabi. Even though I had one to test and it was a no go in the P4k, I wanted to test fresh version because they worked well in our 5Ds

I'll let you know what I find across the board.

Let's be methodical here folks.

Pop a Canon LP-e6 battery in the camera at full charge, point it at some complex scene and let it record until it dies.
    Then pop in somebody else's fully charged battery and do the exact same thing - without moving the camera or changing the scene.

This will generate one time duration number for the Canon battery and one number for the competitor.

End of study.

*In camera "on screen" battery life display will vary from battery to battery. Whatever does show up on the camera's display should be described in detail. Don't offer some judgement or opinion of what showed up on the screen - just describe what you saw for the readers.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Yes sir.

... and get my pies out the oven!
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

There are two possible problems with generic off-brand batteries: whether they last as long as Canon ones, and whether they show charge % accurately. I care a lot more about the first problem than about the second one, but i seems some people care a lot about the second one too. Anyway, as long as people describe in a bit of detail what they tested and what they found, it should be alright...

(from what I've read here so far, I still intend to give ENEGON a chance; charge % will probably be rubbish but I'm not paying $250 extra to get that)

I suppose the 8V Power Out of this cheap monitor will not work with the 12V DC of the P4K?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FEELWORLD-F...14ae:rk:1:pf:0

Would it work when connecting to a dummy adapter like this?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LP-E6-Dummy...lbQ:rk:12:pf:0

Goal is to power both monitor and P4K from one Sony NPF battery.

EDIT: Feelworld state it works with likes of Canon 5D/7D, Sony A7, GH4 ect so I guess it should work with the P4K?

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel H View Post
    There are two possible problems with generic off-brand batteries: whether they last as long as Canon ones, and whether they show charge % accurately. I care a lot more about the first problem than about the second one, but i seems some people care a lot about the second one too. Anyway, as long as people describe in a bit of detail what they tested and what they found, it should be alright...

(from what I've read here so far, I still intend to give ENEGON a chance; charge % will probably be rubbish but I'm not paying $250 extra to get that)
    I donít really care about an accurate % on its own, however I am concerned if that miscommunication between the battery and camera could cause the camera to shutdown prematurely.

Stip, I’d like a single battery system too. Last time I tried it with my BMPCC and Zacuto EVF, via Tilta multi plug plate and a V-Mount, the HDMI got fried.

I’d like to avoid this happening again. Any suggestions?

FYI do NOT use photoflex after market batteries...they will stick in the Pocket 4K and you'll have to damage the battery with a knife just to get it out.

checking Ravpower batts next. fit is perfect, they pop in and out of the camera no prop, charging them up then will check recording times.

anybody know if the pocket cam will work with LPE6N batteries? this is the newer version of the LPE6
    Last edited by Adam E; 10-10-2018 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam E View Post
    anybody know if the pocket cam will work with LPE6N batteries? this is the newer version of the LPE6
    All I can say is that there are bis issues with LP-E6N Batteries an the BMMCC (Micro Cinema Camera).
    So I would stick to LP-E6.