Thread: P4K Observations thread

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Taikonaut View Post
    If you shine a torch inside the battery compartments of a Canon dSLR and the P4K you could immediately see the pair of battery pins on the P4k is thicker compared to the Canon dSLR. All it takes for the battery to get stuck is if the connectors on the battery is a little narrower which is perfectly fine with Canon dSLR but not P4K.
    Quick look at the stuck battery and non sticking battery side by side, the terminals on the stuck on is way smaller. I think your findings are proven. All my other batteries have similar sized terminals, only the stuck one has the smaller terminal

Can't seem to find how much the pocket 4K weighs. It's not on Blackmagic's site or B&H.

EDIT: Nevermind just found it.

Now I don’t know what he’s saying, but I can see you need counter weights to run the P4K in the weebill lab - https://youtu.be/5ThiyM2N2P8

https://instagram.com/p/Bpll-ePg5D-/
    Heres an IR test i did. Sorry cant upload on this site with my phone
    Dustin Uy-Filmmaker

I could no longer get battery indicator to show like this. All I got now is 0% even when battery is fully charged
    blackmagic_pocket_cinema_4k_mft_bmcinecampochdmft4k2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by iammuc View Post
    Quick look at the stuck battery and non sticking battery side by side, the terminals on the stuck on is way smaller. I think your findings are proven. All my other batteries have similar sized terminals, only the stuck one has the smaller terminal
    I've fixed it. Gently push apart the battery terminals with a small thin blade until it matches that of the batteries that don't stick and they are good to go.

Interesting, so it might be all down to poorly installed terminals?

Quote Originally Posted by Taikonaut View Post
    I've fixed it. Gently push apart the battery terminals with a small thin blade until it matches that of the batteries that don't stick and they are good to go.
    Ha awesome. Just to clarify to others that are thinking of doing the same, you pushed apart the terminals of the battery and NOT the ones in camera correct. Looks like we will soon be seeing stuck battery solution vids on youtube now thanks to you.

Interesting, so it might be all down to poorly installed terminals?
    Yeah on the battery end to be fair. I would say its more so not knowing there was so much variation of terminal sizes in the third party battery market than poorly installed terminals in camera
    Last edited by iammuc; 11-04-2018 at 07:23 PM.

The terminals on the P4K is the problem because it is thicker than Canon dSLR but you need to widen the terminals on the battery that is sticking to accomodate the P4K

Good GOD the battery life is abysmal. At the same time, maybe I need to buy higher quality batteries. I swear, the battery drained so fast, it seemed like it drained even when the camera was off. I doubt it did but wow, it just zoomed from 76% to 5% like it was nothing. I brought three batteries with me (one apparently was not charged all the way, to be fair) and they ALL died after I shot approx an hour of footage.

One other thing I noticed: is the false color model different with the P4K? I shot both my UMP and the P4K at CDND (4:1, FWIW) and the Pocket's false color didn't have purple at all as a exposure level. Just pure blue, where my UMP for the same scene had blue and purple in the underexposed areas.
    Last edited by TravisA; 11-07-2018 at 09:36 PM.