Thread: P4K Observations thread

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Yes, I find I rarely use the tilting or articulated screen on my Olympus Pen F, it stays folded in most of the time.
    I find an EVF or external monitor a much better so,union when you need to see the image at an odd angle.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Smith View Post
    Yes, I find I rarely use the tilting or articulated screen on my Olympus Pen F, it stays folded in most of the time.
    I find an EVF or external monitor a much better so,union when you need to see the image at an odd angle.
    Cheers
    The only thing I use my flip out screen for is when I have to operate two cameras in the studio at the same time. I use one cam while the stationary cam is a few feet away. I flip out the screen at a 90 degree angle so I can see it. But really, I can just hook up a small monitor, and will be better off anyway.
    -Michael Beck

Quote Originally Posted by soarprod View Post
    Cool thanks!
    So, just tested it out. PCC4k connected to Shogun Inferno and took a picture of both screens and Timecode.
    The delay is around 1.5 frames, which I'd consider very good.

Can someone confirm if the BMPCC speedboster (0.58x) works or not on P4K. I’ve read countless of times that people have (they might be lying) for the 4x crop in 120fps 1080p mode. I don’t have the right tools to measure the distance for sensor and don’t want to start poking things in there as I’m no expert. Thanks

So me being the impatient person that I am, bought one of Ebay today for 1600. Figured its not much more than original cost so and it will compliment my c200 as a B cam I believe. Does anyone have any cheaper speedboosters they recommend? I own the Signa 18-35 EF mount along with the 100mm macro and 70-200mm 2.8 from Canon. Just need something with aperture control really.

Is anyone else noticing some loose-ness/play on the lens mount? I have a voigtlander 17.5 as well as some Russian primes with an adapter and they both have some play on the lens mount. I would have expected it from the adapter, but not from the voigtlander. That thing was perfect on my bmmcc.

Quote Originally Posted by Turboguard View Post
    Can someone confirm if the BMPCC speedboster (0.58x) works or not on P4K. I’ve read countless of times that people have (they might be lying) for the 4x crop in 120fps 1080p mode. I don’t have the right tools to measure the distance for sensor and don’t want to start poking things in there as I’m no expert. Thanks
    I also wonder if there has been any word from metabones. I own the now discontinued original bmpcc to ef speedbooster and i am assuming it wont work.
    the question is if the xl should be bought or if they are working on a specific one for the 4k.

The 0.58x speedbooster will not work on the Pocket 4k. It was made for a much smaller sensor, so it projects the image in too small a format (so you will get massive vignetting). The XL will only work with full-frame lenses.

I would even pay extra to have an update that activate the whole sensor area.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Giambrone View Post
    I posted this on the Blackmagic forum:

I have a FEATURE REQUEST:

Programmable focus points. The camera can lock focus with the touch screen, but it doesn't REMEMBER the distance, and instead hunts around every time to find the focus again. We should be able to lock in a couple of focus-pulling options and have the camera return to that point with the push of a button, or touchscreen option. This is a "CINE" camera right? You don't have your camera hunting around to focus in the cinema. This should be an easy software solution, since the camera can already do the hard lifting. It just needs to REMEMBER the data and recall it at the operator's touch.
    +1 on this feature request.