Thread: UM4.6k and UMP joins Netflix Post Technology Alliance

1. #1 UM4.6k and UMP joins Netflix Post Technology Alliance 
    https://www.4kshooters.net/2018/10/0...logy-alliance/

All the more reason for Ursa Mini 4.6k to have BRaw. It says the P4k may not make it on the list though.

Pretty sure the 4.6K has been on their approved list for awhile now. Also I used Resolve to create the offline proxies and dailies for American Vandal and I know the colorist used Resolve for the grade. Them adding Dolby Vision and IMF exports in Resolve 15 was the biggest deal for Netflix stuff recently. Hoping that the facility I work for will be joining that as well soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Asyndeton View Post
    Pretty sure the 4.6K has been on their approved list for awhile now. Also I used Resolve to create the offline proxies and dailies for American Vandal and I know the colorist used Resolve for the grade. Them adding Dolby Vision and IMF exports in Resolve 15 was the biggest deal for Netflix stuff recently. Hoping that the facility I work for will be joining that as well soon.
    Their new Post Technology Alliance was announced in IBC last month. Curious why RED Raven did not make it. Has it become EOL already?

Quote Originally Posted by Taikonaut View Post
    It says the P4k may not make it on the list though.
    Lets face it, people who shoot for netflix arent the same people who are buying pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Lets face it, people who shoot for netflix arent the same people who are buying pocket.
    There ya go.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Quote Originally Posted by Asyndeton View Post
    Hell yeah. The Turd Burgler!

You would think the P4K could be useful as an B or C camera on a netflix documentary or a crash cam on a bigger project.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    You would think the P4K could be useful as an B or C camera on a netflix documentary or a crash cam on a bigger project.
    Chances are it will. This alliance thing is basically just a quick-start guide for productions to choose Netflix approved tools. I'm sure they'll still approve stuff on a case-by-case basis if needed, but it'll take a bit longer.
    Aaron Lochert

People get so worked up about this Netflix approved list when the production isn't a Netflix original. If you are financed upfront you can afford to rent an Alexa Lf or 65 so just do that. If you are shooting a micro budget spec film the pocket 4K with Braw is going to be more than good enough if the film is good enough, they will be So glad that you chose this camera over a crap h264 DSLR