Thread: wolfcrow BMPCC4K uglies

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    While he does often misunderstand and spread misinformation, let's be honest: in terms of responsive GUI's, the order is:
    - FCPX
    - Premiere
    - Resolve
    (Haven't used Avid in about 15 years)

Resolve gets better and better each version, but it is still not quite there. I chose to switch to it for its feature set, knowing I'd have to sacrifice some performance.

Quote Originally Posted by joe12south View Post
    While he does often misunderstand and spread misinformation, let's be honest: in terms of responsive GUI's, the order is:
    - FCPX
    - Premiere
    - Resolve

Resolve gets better and better each version, but it is still not quite there. I chose to switch to it for its feature set, knowing I'd have to sacrifice some performance.
    This is just one person evaluation of what appears to be a pre-production model. I have no doubt that Wolfcrow is very knowledgeable and works hard in evaluating various equipment. If you are concerned with the issues in his presentation just wait until the final version gets into the hands of real world users and see what they have to say. BMD is responsive to issues that come up with their cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by joe12south View Post
    - FCPX
    - Premiere
    - Resolve

It depends on the system. I have a shitty processor but good GPU, and Resolve is gpu based, and premiere is processor oriented. So Resolve is much faster then Premiere for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Niessner View Post
    And he seems stubborn as hell, if you read his answers on the BMD forum to people criticizing his Alexa vs PCC4k test.
    Ignore his stuff. He is known to post misinformation.

People need to stop posting this guy's stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWlover View Post
    He's not exactly my favorite YouTuber

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loDbH924eNU&t=1295s

but starting at about 19:06 he does the uglies.

Camera freezing
    Squeal
    Missing clips
    Optimum iso disparity

I haven't seen anyone else bring up these points.

Did he get a lemon?

A camera that was too early in the production cycle?
    WTF, I've got more subs than this guy, how do I get sent a camera?

Its strange how BMD pick their testers almost like an insider from a rival camera company doing the picking for them

Quote Originally Posted by jdebmd View Post
    This is just one person evaluation of what appears to be a pre-production model. I have no doubt that Wolfcrow is very knowledgeable and works hard in evaluating various equipment. If you are concerned with the issues in his presentation just wait until the final version gets into the hands of real world users and see what they have to say. BMD is responsive to issues that come up with their cameras.
    I'v here the final version of the PCC4k sitting right besides me and did some tests today. None of his issues so far...
    Although I have no long term experience with this camera model, I am confident it won't let me down.

I just saw another of his review on the BMPCC 4K - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loDbH924eNU
    I kind of shunt away from it. I think he is trying hard to build himself up and have been making a financial prospects on these reviews. Unfortunately, there's a lot of misinformation. He is not a BMD product expert at all like John B, Frank, and the Captain. I know more about BMD products that he does, cinema camera in all yet I don't go and profess and capitalize on it. I'll give it to him that he does try to create reviews and technical videos for those "newbies" who want to know about cameras and indie film making. They don't know any better so he has a following there. But that's sad because they are misinformed. So just ignore his reviews or talk it with a grain of salt and watch those reviews from people who know best.

Quote Originally Posted by VidShooter View Post
    Ignore his stuff. He is known to post misinformation.

People need to stop posting this guy's stuff.
    So Black Magic decides to send this guy a camera.
    And the response here is "People need to stop posting this guy's stuff."
    Very interesting.
    Very telling.

Quote Originally Posted by polaroid22 View Post
    It depends on the system. I have a shitty processor but good GPU, and Resolve is gpu based, and premiere is processor oriented. So Resolve is much faster then Premiere for me.
    I'm not talking about playback or rendering, I'm talking about UI responsiveness. Resolve lags behind the others, even on the very beefiest system. It's not a dealbreaker, and it gets better each version, but it's noticeable.