Thread: BMD PCC4K is shipping!

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel H View Post
    I received my p4k! It must be one of the first to be delivered here in Spain. And it proves that the best strategy for getting it soon is to do the preorder through a small official dealer: I preordered on the 29th of August, when the forest and JB footage came out.

The camers is bigger and heavier than I expected, it feels more like an update of the original BM than of the original pocket. The menus and controls are BEAUTIFUL. I haven't had time to check any footage yet.
    Me quiero morir yo ahora.
    Álex Montoya on Vimeo
    https://vimeo.com/alexmontoyamelia

Sorry if it caused you bad feelings...

I preordered at warp9 and it seems I was first in line with my August preorder
    https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/resellers/

Small dealers are the way to go if you want it soon

Just got an email from my dealer...she said BM told her that they are confident they will clear backorders within 4-6 weeks. Not sure if that's just here in Oz or worldwide.

Hot Rod's been getting one camera a week. I won't get mine until almost December at this rate. Someone on the Facebook group earlier today said BM told them a large shipment is on its way out. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by ugafan View Post
    Meanwhile, I pre-ordered back in April when it was announced and have absolutely nothing to show for it. I'm very irritated with how Blackmagic has handled the launch.
    Same here. Irritated doesn't even begin to describe it. Cameras should be getting shipped to the places with the longest pre-order lists first. That should be the priority. It simply shouldn't be possible for anyone who ordered recently -- from anywhere -- to receive theirs before the people who pre-ordered in April. This is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by DJK83 View Post
    Same here. Irritated doesn't even begin to describe it. Cameras should be getting shipped to the places with the longest pre-order lists first. That should be the priority. It simply shouldn't be possible for anyone who ordered recently -- from anywhere -- to receive theirs before the people who pre-ordered in April. This is insane.
    While BM should have had production going long before release to avoid this it sounds like a lot of this is a failing of suppliers to order quick to meet demand, Lemac supplier got in quick with a good order at NAB and they were one of the first to deliver on their preorders. Been quoted a 4-6 week wait from them.

Indeed, some resellers may have put preorders without having the actual customers, if they anticipated high demand and feared slow supply. And some may have got the client preorders but delayed tellling BM about it because that means working (!) or even paying in advance. It's not necessarily BlackMagic's fault if I got my camera soon with a late preorder.

In any case: it was common knowledge in this forum that going with a small official dealer was the best way to get your camera fast. I did that, and it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by DJK83 View Post
    Well in that case only a couple of stores would get them, and does not seem fair either. Like b&h and adorma would get hundreds, while smaller stores would get none. + All cameras would be shipped to the US as the most orders are on b&h and adorama. And europe would get none. But I get your frustration though. If I were you I would cancel your pre-order and order in a small store with as good as none pre-orders. I am buying a pocket 4K tonight I think, store owner thinks he can supply one within 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by marshallbaker View Post
    B&H email saying that every time they contact Blackmagic they get told they won't get more cameras until a later date. They don't expect any more incoming to the warehouse until December 30th.
    I called B&H just now, and they said they are getting a shipment in at the end of this month. They didn't know how many were coming, but she was pretty confident that I would be included in that shipment. I ordered on the 10th of April.
    -Michael Beck

As stated before, Blackmagic aren't the ones who decide how many cameras are sent to what reseller. The only thing to get on them is that they made it seem like they'd have more cameras shipped than what is out there so far, but it's not the end of the world, really 1st-world problems more than anything..we'll get our cameras eventually. Hope there is truth to these comments that much larger shipments will be going out in the next week or two.