Thread: "First Light"... Wow! Low light and bright sunlight footage...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 "First Light"... Wow! Low light and bright sunlight footage... 
    So far, the best I've seen from this camera, in extremely challenging (albeit beautiful) conditions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwSXPRNe0-g
    Last edited by Flabasha; 09-18-2018 at 05:00 PM.

If there were any doubts about how filmic the camera could be, those are gone.

Holy moly.

I want.

Im seeying way too much pores on that skin though. If you shoot a movie like this everybody would be distracted looking at the skin details. I know you would use a lot of make up to hide it on a film set, but I do feel it might be still too sharp?

I agree with you, and this is something that bothers me in all the footage. There seems to be a lot of midtone detail somehow on this camera, however I've seen people apply masks to the face and add the tiniest bit of blur and it looked great, so that seems to be a good work-around. It is an extra step, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Flabasha View Post
    So far, the best I've seen from this camera, in extremely challenging (albeit beautiful) conditions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwSXPRNe0-g
    Maybe you could put 'P4K' in the title or in the first post ? I came here having no idea which camera was talked about...

The motion rendering looks very good at 24p. Nice to see what a modern lens like the Panny 12-35mm MKII can do.
    Pocket 4K "Chaplin".

Quote Originally Posted by polaroid22 View Post
    Im seeying way too much pores on that skin though. If you shoot a movie like this everybody would be distracted looking at the skin details. I know you would use a lot of make up to hide it on a film set, but I do feel it might be still too sharp?
    I think we have had this issue for decades, from 35mm to digital cinema cameras. That's why there's a makeup artist on every set, as you say. Also use a little diffusion and slightly blur the skin in post.

Nothing new here, IMO.
    Pocket 4K "Chaplin".

Quote Originally Posted by polaroid22 View Post
    You can reduce detail, you can't make more so I'd say it's a plus. Makes the camera versitile for many shooting situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Antonescu View Post
    I think we have had this issue for decades, from 35mm to digital cinema cameras. That's why there's a makeup artist on every set, as you say. Also use a little diffusion and slightly blur the skin in post.

Nothing new here, IMO.
    It is were a polarizer might help..
    Last edited by Taikonaut; 09-19-2018 at 04:45 AM.

I had also noticed way more skin detail than usual in all test clips (pores, blemishes, wrinkles). I think JB and/or pidulgi explained that they would never upload stuff like this as a final product (i.e. they would always soften skin in post) but uploaded un-softened footage this time because it's a camera test and people want to see how the images look out of the camera.

I just need the latest version of MB Cosmo to support the latest version of Resolve (no idea if that's the case already or not)