Thread: New Meike MK T2.2 MFT cinema lenses on Amazon

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    You need to read Marshall’s post above on this issue.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Smith View Post
    You need to read Marshall’s post above on this issue.
    Cheers
    Marshall's post adds nothing in substance. It provides no a sigle fact, or any actual information.

Robert, if you were a friend of mine (not saying you're not) and you were involved in a legal dispute where counsel asked that you refrain from participating, I might occasionally step in to defend your position. Particularly in a case when you could not speak for yourself. My comments were never intended to provide the precise substance of fact. I'm in no position to do that. I'm just speaking up for a colleague and a friend. This dispute will be resolved by the courts one way or the other.

That Meike has released an identical set of products seems to me like more than a coincidence. It does not sit well with me. My feelings about this are a personal fact. If your copyright to footage had been violated I would feel the same. Seeing these products actively promoted here and elsewhere until the facts are determined seems like a poor choice.

I believe strongly in the rights of intellectual property. If you were the one whose ideas and products had been duplicated I believe that you'd find a great deal of support from this community. It would disappoint me to watch this community actively campaign against you.

Ryan has been a good friend both to me and this community. It's been my experience that he doesn't take sides when he's helping you. He just helps so that you can make better footage. He provides the technical knowledge so that you can create. I've benefited from his knowledge many times as I've made decisions on equipment purchases. Sometimes they've been in his particular field of work in optics, but sometimes in other areas of cinema as well.

I hope that we can show an equal measure of respect by waiting until the dispute is determined before we support a product that appears to violate his rights. It's one of the basic principles of our creative freedoms. I hope that all of you agree.

Well put Marshall, Ryan has been an excellent source of support. Now it is out turn to support him!
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Harrington View Post
    Robert, if you were a friend of mine (not saying you're not) and you were involved in a legal dispute where counsel asked that you refrain from participating, I might occasionally step in to defend your position. Particularly in a case when you could not speak for yourself. My comments were never intended to provide the precise substance of fact. I'm in no position to do that. I'm just speaking up for a colleague and a friend. This dispute will be resolved by the courts one way or the other.

That Meike has released an identical set of products seems to me like more than a coincidence. It does not sit well with me. My feelings about this are a personal fact. If your copyright to footage had been violated I would feel the same. Seeing these products actively promoted here and elsewhere until the facts are determined seems like a poor choice.

I believe strongly in the rights of intellectual property. If you were the one whose ideas and products had been duplicated I believe that you'd find a great deal of support from this community. It would disappoint me to watch this community actively campaign against you.

Ryan has been a good friend both to me and this community. It's been my experience that he doesn't take sides when he's helping you. He just helps so that you can make better footage. He provides the technical knowledge so that you can create. I've benefited from his knowledge many times as I've made decisions on equipment purchases. Sometimes they've been in his particular field of work in optics, but sometimes in other areas of cinema as well.

I hope that we can show an equal measure of respect by waiting until the dispute is determined before we support a product that appears to violate his rights. It's one of the basic principles of our creative freedoms. I hope that all of you agree.

First, nobody here on the forum is attacking your friend. Second, when there is a legal court filing, you can disclose the case outline, both in criminal and civil cases. That is done all the time, and does not jeopardize the case. I just pointed out, your earlier post did not really stated anything of substance.
    I honestly don't know the details, nor I will judge any sides in this, and indeed if IP rights were broken, I hope your friend gets compensated. Hpowever IP in manufacturing goods is not as simple as who owns footage, and by no means I am saying IP rights were not broken.
    Just pointing out your initial post did not do your friend a favor. You should either write an outline of the case, or stay quiet, and let the legal system work it out.

The purpose of my post was to inform others on the forum of what was happening. Seeing a post that promotes a product that appears to be a complete lift of one of Ryans… well to me that just isn't right. I know others who are aware of what has transpired feel the same.

I understand there are many people especially in the day in age of the internet, who just don't care one way or the other. They just want the best price no matter what. On the other hand there are many around here who might look at this and think that it would be a good idea to wait until a judgment was handed down. The way this one's playing out even if a judgement is handed down the timing may be to late to stop the damage. Even if a judgement is handed down will it be enforceable? Is it just to late. Are attitudes of indifference going to drive the result?

Maybe we can help. If this was happening to Frank, DP, Note, Darren, or like yourself, other regulars from this forum, I like to think we'd be standing behind them as a group in a show of support. Meike is selling an identical product to Ryans. There is a court case in progress. Is it right that they are allowed to sell this while the case progresses? Is it wrong to point this out?

Each of has to decide this for themselves. I think that I've been pretty clear where I stand at least until a judgement is handed down. Based in that judgement I'll adjust my opinion accordingly.