Thread: New Meike MK T2.2 MFT cinema lenses on Amazon

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Mulder View Post
    I'm going to photokina next month, I will see if I can do a test with the 25mm Meike.
    Mainly concerned with build quality, is it smooth and dampened. Appears to have adequate focus throw. I suspect optically it will be fine for price point, I have the tiny 7artisans and it is surprisingly good.

First batch seems to have sold well, only one left on Amazon, no official reviews yet though. Amazon is linking reviews of the 35 1.7. I want to see a video of footage and in operation.

Yeah, curious as well. I think we won't be disappointed.
    Pocket 4K "Chaplin".

Anyone get one yet? Curious how it pairs with p4k, it would be a normal lens on that sensor, so I can see it being a go to lens.

Quote Originally Posted by vvvvv View Post
    I would not support this kind of cloning if it is the case. Especially now that Veydra has said that they are coming back.
    Really? This is standard practice since 1990's, and you can't expect anything else if you do business in China. If you think you are not creating a copycat competition by moving your manufacturing to China, you are special type of stupid.

Two things matter the most with cine lenses- rotation and breathing. If this lens is just rehoused still lens and has small throw and has a lot of breathing, might as well just buy their normal version and add focus ring. No information on focus throw and how is sharpness at the edges at T2.0?

It is listed as a 300 degree focus throw and supposedly cover aps-c so edge sharpness should be fine on MFT. It is clearly a Veydra knock off, how closely the optics and build quality are we won't know until someone dares to buy one and review it. The little pancake lenses they make are are surprisingly good so who knows right. I'm kind of waiting to see if they dare release the full set but may cave when I'm more flush. I can see this being a go to focal length on P4k, tend to be on normal most of the time when shooting narrative.

Veydra is effectively dead. No new product in a very long time, and the used market is all but dried up. Sad, but that is the harsh reality.

I think I'm going to give this puppy a test. If it sucks, Ii can always send it back. If it works well, the biggest downside is that there are no other lenses to pair it with.
    Pocketluts: Purpose-built LUTs for the Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K
    Pocketluts Store

Looking forward to your review. Total speculation here, but if Veydra is dead, I wouldn't be surprised if the set shows up here one at a time. I've been tempted, but Amazon won't ship to Canada, and I haven't ordered anything from China via eBay while Canada Post is on Strike, maybe sometime after Christmas. I think you'll find this lens is on your p4k most of the time anyway as it is the normal focal length, very versatile, the if you only have one lens lens. Ive shot 2 features on original pocket and 16mm was that lens, the few times I used other lenses were for special shots that didn't really need full to focus pull, so just about any lens will do.

I better option is going to be the new Tokina 11-20mm Cine Zoom, gives a similar quality image, if not slightly better (yes a zoom as good as a prime), and this lens is available next month. But if a Veydra 16mm is on your list, there is one on eBay for $2K!
    Cheers