Thread: WTB: URSA Mini 4.6k for Parts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 WTB: URSA Mini 4.6k for Parts 
    I've managed to damage my UM4.6k PL beyond repair (BMD thinks it's too expensive to repair, and is cheaper to replace).

However, the camera is mostly is good condition. It still turns on and functions to some extent. I've stripped it down and it actual looks to be quite simple to change parts on. Well, just whole parts (entire PCB etc). I'm looking for another UM4.6k that may not be working, to then swop out parts to see if I can get a single working camera. More an experiment than a scientific technical endeavour.

Bump...

Well, this post is almost word for word the situation I am in. I have a crippled Ursa Mini 4.6k PL with a damaged main control board (pcb). Apparently it’s a defective processor. Otherwise, the unit is in pristine shape (sensor, SDI and other ports, LCD screen, etc.). Do you have a functioning main PCB, by any chance?

Not sure exactly, but the unit boots up just fine.

The UI and touch screen works fine. It's just the image coming off the sensor looks weird. It's a weird greenish colour, with really high contrast and very low sensitivity.

I did find a guy in Balarus - electrical engineer - who was interested in me shipping some parts from camera to him. But I wasn't so keen on shipping bits to the other side in the world and not being involved in the process.

Hmmm. Well, your unit sounds promising. If you are seeing a menu and viewing images of any kind, then you’re well ahead of me. My unit’s EVF appears to light up when power is turned on, but it doesn’t properly boot up or show any menu (hence, the processor or main pcb is the likely problem). So, the question is, are you interested in selling your unit? My thought is that it’s likely easier to swap out the main pcb in your unit and mine, than try to switch the sensor (if that’s the problem). Thoughts? (FYI, I can be emailed at michael@webkasts.com).

Not really interested in selling mine for parts. I'd rather have a crack at trying to fix the one I have - regardless of how unfeasible that may seem.

Understood. It’s hard to give up on a machine that might be revived. For now, I will continue looking around for a main pcb option (anyone?) That said, let me know what you might spend for what sounds like a unit that could also work for you.

Thanks very much! Much appreciated.

Hey

I’m in the same situation.
    I have a UM 4.6k that has a bust sensor but the rest of the ciccuitry is OK...
    Trying to find something that I can fix as sensor replacements aren’t a thing!