Thread: Rawlite UMP OLPF.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    I did a Before/After test yesterday with the Rawlite OLPF. Skintone test. See for yourself.

https://vimeo.com/285618401/ccf16e6777

Quote Originally Posted by AaronChicago View Post
    I did a Before/After test yesterday with the Rawlite OLPF. Skintone test. See for yourself.

Important question Aaron: did you use any IR filtration when the olpf was out? If so, which one?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AaronChicago View Post

Odd the OLPF shot looks sharper than the one without? Better skin tones I guess because of the IR cut on tungsten lights. Looks really great though, can't tell the OLPF is even there.

Could be a good idea to have the side by side be of the same thing. Lighting might be changing the contrast making the OLPF look sharper, could've been easier to grade too because of the IR cut making for a sharper looking image.

Quote Originally Posted by david evans View Post
    Important question Aaron: did you use any IR filtration when the olpf was out? If so, which one?

Thanks
    No IR filtration at all when OLPF was out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    Odd the OLPF shot looks sharper than the one without? Better skin tones I guess because of the IR cut on tungsten lights. Looks really great though, can't tell the OLPF is even there.

Could be a good idea to have the side by side be of the same thing. Lighting might be changing the contrast making the OLPF look sharper, could've been easier to grade too because of the IR cut making for a sharper looking image.
    This was surprising to me as well. I wish I would've done a moire test, but I have seen a couple of them already on Rawlite's site.

Just got mine and I love it!

Other than many try to tell you, Blackmagic RAW does not take the moiré out, depending on the pattern (and a sharp lens) it can be as bad as with DNG. But the Rawlite truly gets rid of it.
    I shot an ISO 12233 test pattern and the difference is very obvious. Plus, I can't see any loss of true resolution, just don't get fooled by the false detail effects of patterns beyond the Nyquist/Shannon limit when comparing shots.

Your only problem might be shimming, depending on the tolerances of your EF mount and/or lens. Hans is delivering shims with the OLPF, but in my case I need an extra one.
    He is also sending you a small plastic piece for the contact strip to make sure communication with the lens is still working after shimming. It works fine with my Sigma 18-35mm (my other lenses are mechanical ones anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Just got mine and I love it!

Other than many try to tell you, Blackmagic RAW does not take the moiré out, depending on the pattern (and a sharp lens) it can be as bad as with DNG. But the Rawlite truly gets rid of it.
    I shot an ISO 12233 test pattern and the difference is very obvious. Plus, I can't see any loss of true resolution, just don't get fooled by the false detail effects of patterns beyond the Nyquist/Shannon limit when comparing shots.

Your only problem might be shimming, depending on the tolerances of your EF mount and/or lens. Hans is delivering shims with the OLPF, but in my case I need an extra one.
    He is also sending you a small plastic piece for the contact strip to make sure communication with the lens is still working after shimming. It works fine with my Sigma 18-35mm (my other lenses are mechanical ones anyway).
    Sounds amazing.
    Wish they could produce one for the Pocket 4K as well. Would still be way cheaper combined than a GH5s.
    My website:
    www.55media.net