Thread: Gen 4 discussion

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks for tip. With timeline set to BMDFilm Broadcast Film it looks nice now

All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

Yeah I cannot update to the latest resolve build yet, as I am waiting on final feedback on a video project and afraid it will mess up my project.

So yeah looking forward seeing more results from Ursa Mini Pro with colour science 4, especially low light stuff with lots of colors Red, Blue, Green and skintones.

Oh wow, using those settings with the Pocket 4K Film timeline color space on the UM4K is producing some great results with some stuff I shot earlier today.

Quote Originally Posted by Asyndeton View Post
    Oh wow, using those settings with the Pocket 4K Film timeline color space on the UM4K is producing some great results with some stuff I shot earlier today.
    Oh yes, I forgot the Pocket 4K Film was also added which will be the same as the Broadcast Film setting since they're both Gen 4. By those settings, do you mean you're also using CST to transform to Rec.709? Sorry this has gone so off topic, I just wanted to help shijan. Perhaps a mod will shift this discussion.
    Blackmagic Design
    My BMD LUTs.

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Quote Originally Posted by Asyndeton View Post
    Yes, seems Pocket 4K Film timeline + colour science 4 looks great! Way better than Broadcast timeline. Less milky blacks. Very close to ColorChecker correction.
    All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

Done some more tests and it seems BMMCC/BMPCC + Pocket 4K Film timeline + colour science 4 still clips some extreme saturated colors.
    BMMCC/BMPCC + BMD Film timeline + colour science 1 produce less contrast and less saturation but don't clips colors in same conditions.

Just to be sure. This whole pocket 4k or film broadcast timeline is just for when you're using the CST plugin, right? If you're not using it, one can keep working in Gamma 2.4 timeline and still be able to use the gen 4 in the same way, correct?

Interesting about that Pocket 4K timeline!
    www.lightformfilm.com
    https://vimeo.com/suwanchote

follow me on instagram @lightformfilm

Quote Originally Posted by david evans View Post
    Just to be sure. This whole pocket 4k or film broadcast timeline is just for when you're using the CST plugin, right? If you're not using it, one can keep working in Gamma 2.4 timeline and still be able to use the gen 4 in the same way, correct?
    Its just for CST plugin, yes. They're actually transforming into Rec.709 in this thread which takes you out of Gen 4 into a smaller gamut. Personally I would just use Film Gen 4 from the decode option and grade from there.
    Blackmagic Design
    My BMD LUTs.

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Quote Originally Posted by shijan View Post
    Done some more tests and it seems BMMCC/BMPCC + Pocket 4K Film timeline + colour science 4 still clips some extreme saturated colors.
    BMMCC/BMPCC + BMD Film timeline + colour science 1 produce less contrast and less saturation but don't clips colors in same conditions.
    You need to use a separate gamma in the timeline setting. You're telling the CST plugin that it's getting pocket 4K film (ISO400), but it's actually getting BMCC/Pocket film (ISO800) which is a different log curve. So set the gamut/space to Pocket 4K but gamma to original BMD Film so that it matches the RAW decode settings. Or, just manually set that in the CST plugin instead of using timeline settings and then leave timeline as the default.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see those lights clipping in the small gamut of Rec.709. It's not a great gamut for grading, I prefer working in a wider gamut and pulling into 709 manually for output.
    Blackmagic Design
    My BMD LUTs.