Thread: Veydra lens production

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by vvvvv View Post
    Denny:

Since you had a set of Veydras, do you remember did the lenses have different feel to their focus/aperture rings? I have the 25 and 50 and the rings on the 25 are a lot lighter to turn. Are they like this when they are new or do you think the 25 has just gotten loose?

Thanks!
    I've also got the set and mine are all even.

Mine were too, except the 25mm, when I first got it, was a little tighter in the focus dampening, I returned it to Ryan, and he adjusted it (or replaced it, not sure which) so it matched the other lenses better. That said, the 16mm (from the Kickstarter Run) was a little easier to turn thst the others, but still very close. The Veydras, like any cine lens, will need adjusting with any amount of constant use over time.
    Mine were lightly used, the 16mm getting the most use, since I had it first.
    Cheers

Thank you Marshall and Denny. Service seems to be needed on these although thats not so simple since the company has gone silent. And if they really need to be serviced this often, its even more difficult in the long run.

Im starting to feel like Im going to forget getting a modern lens set to accompany my Leica R set. Options are very limited in the budget range and the Leicas are great and trouble free. 30 years old and still no services needed

Duclos Lens in LA will service Veydra Primes, they are a dealer for them. Even Zeiss Cine Primes need occasional service, depending on how much they are used. This is true of all manual lenses, including Leica Primes. I got a Zeiss Super Speed Mk3 16mm, looked mint, not a mark on it, but the focus was off, sent it to Duclos, it needed a CLA and the focus helix rebuilt, so yiu can not go by appearance. After that, I had all my “new” used Cine lens serviced when I got them, then I knew they were ready to use, and will give me the results I wanted from them.
    Cheers

I wonder if the Fujinon MK 18-55mm would be a good alternative. There are M43 mounts sold for it now. T2.9 feels a bit slow though.

Quote Originally Posted by vvvvv View Post
    I wonder if the Fujinon MK 18-55mm would be a good alternative. There are M43 mounts sold for it now. T2.9 feels a bit slow though.
    Also the equivalent field of view on the wide end is what's keeping me from getting one...

edit: 18mm isn't that wide on MFT

Quote Originally Posted by okb812 View Post
    Also the equivalent field of view on the wide end is what's keeping me from getting one...

edit: 18mm isn't that wide on MFT
    18mm would be close to a classic 28mm super 35 (40mm full frame), but yes something in the wider end would sometimes be needed. Still, this would cover the the whole usual cinema lenghts.

test: https://vimeo.com/220192361

I enjoy the 28mm of my Nikkor AI-S set a lot, so I definitely get where you're coming from

...but yeah, sometimes you need to get just a tad wider.