Thread: Veydra lens production

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    SLR Magic has a bunch of choices.
    SLR Magic announced the MicroPrime Cine E-Mount lenses at NAB 2018. They're just now starting to ship. They look sweet, and decently priced. Wish they'd make a M43 version.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...25mm_t1_5.html

Quote Originally Posted by Finster View Post
    SLR Magic announced the MicroPrime Cine E-Mount lenses at NAB 2018. They're just now starting to ship. They look sweet, and decently priced. Wish they'd make a M43 version.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...25mm_t1_5.html
    Wow. I bet these are killers.
    Love the small size and gearings.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Those would be killer in M43

Micro primes from SLR Magic seem interesting if they decide to make M43 versions. From what I have read they are rehoused older SLR Magic lenses though?

If the Veydras are EOL, one other alternative might be the Zeiss Milvus lenses used with a speedbooster. Does anyone have experience how they work as video lenses; breathing, focus throw, etc. ?
    Last edited by vvvvv; 09-07-2018 at 01:46 AM.

Zeiss Milvus lenses were designed with video shooting in mind. “They have excellent manual focusing, well controlled, and therefore actively composing an image gently and precisely from your fingertips. Here, a good ergonomic design makes all the difference. ZEISS Milvus Lenses feature a large rotation angle which enables pinpoint focusing. The top-quality focusing mechanism moves smoothly without backlash, optimally supporting the photographer's creative interplay with the focal plane of high-speed fixed focal lengths. Changes are immediately visible in the viewfinder or display. The engraving in meters and feet, and the focus scale provide additional support for manual focusing. The silent, continuous aperture setting (de-click function with ZF.2 mount) and the long focusing range lay optimal conditions for video photography.” Zeiss.

It is one of the options I am looking at to replace my Veydra Mini Primes, which I managed to sell.
    Cheers

Looks like the website is back up again:
    https://www.veydra.com/

Edit: Oops, no it's not. The shopping page is a dead link.

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Smith View Post
    Zeiss Milvus lenses were designed with video shooting in mind. “They have excellent manual focusing, well controlled, and therefore actively composing an image gently and precisely from your fingertips. Here, a good ergonomic design makes all the difference. ZEISS Milvus Lenses feature a large rotation angle which enables pinpoint focusing. The top-quality focusing mechanism moves smoothly without backlash, optimally supporting the photographer's creative interplay with the focal plane of high-speed fixed focal lengths. Changes are immediately visible in the viewfinder or display. The engraving in meters and feet, and the focus scale provide additional support for manual focusing. The silent, continuous aperture setting (de-click function with ZF.2 mount) and the long focusing range lay optimal conditions for video photography.” Zeiss.

It is one of the options I am looking at to replace my Veydra Mini Primes, which I managed to sell.
    Cheers
    They are interesting and the F2 ones are not overly expensive. There are things though:

- Aperture ring only on the Nikon version and that one has the Nikon focus direction which I have just learned out of.
    - Rubber focus ring seems like something that will ware out with gears.
    - F1.4 ones are expensive and quite heavy.

edit/

I tried two of the milvuses today, 21mm 2.8 and 35mm 2.0. Not impressed with the focus feel. They had friction and really short throw on both. The focus throw varies by lens, some have 300 degrees and some some only 100 degrees. Dont know if the feel is better on the ones that have longer throw.
    Last edited by vvvvv; 08-09-2018 at 04:10 AM.

Denny:

Since you had a set of Veydras, do you remember did the lenses have different feel to their focus/aperture rings? I have the 25 and 50 and the rings on the 25 are a lot lighter to turn. Are they like this when they are new or do you think the 25 has just gotten loose?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by vvvvv View Post
    Denny:

Since you had a set of Veydras, do you remember did the lenses have different feel to their focus/aperture rings? I have the 25 and 50 and the rings on the 25 are a lot lighter to turn. Are they like this when they are new or do you think the 25 has just gotten loose?

Thanks!
    I had the full set for a while. They were all the same straight across the board in that regard.
    Aaron Lochert

Quote Originally Posted by LochnessDigital View Post
    I had the full set for a while. They were all the same straight across the board in that regard.
    Thank you for the confirmation Aaron.