Thread: SmallRig Cage for Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K 2203

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    8Sinn are going to release two cages. That is the last information I got.

I love Blackmagic releaseing a new Pocket. But I must say I HATE the design.
    Every time I look at it I see those stupid camera loops to add some carrying strap / slings i want to scream: WHHYYYYY?
    Remove the stupid handle. GEt rid of the screen and build in some SDD SLOT so we donīt have
    to use a cage with USB-C Clamp.

No IBIS, which is great, but they buolld it like a stupid DSLR because they want that "consumer markt" or what?
    I love the BMMCC. It is just a Box. You can add NF-P Plate to it. You can rig it up. Great. I thought they days are
    over that camera look like DSLR. And now this thing.

And npw the all the problems with SDD and cages around the grip.
    Of course I will buy this thing. But i hope to see a BMMCC 4K next year. With a SSD Slot instead of a screen.

Wow that 8Sinn half cage looks great

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Antonescu View Post
    I can't join the Facebook group. Anyone has problems as well ?

EDIT : The more I look at the 'half cage' the more I like it. I had the Movcam cage for the original Pocket and loved their wood handle which nothing was obstructing.
    I finally joined the FB Group. Took forever.

I think SmallRig should make two cages, a 'full' and a 'half'. The P4K will sell like CRAZY, so they will have more then enough customers for both.
    Pocket 4K "Chaplin".

Quote Originally Posted by S_Berger View Post
    8Sinn are going to release two cages. That is the last information I got.

I love Blackmagic releaseing a new Pocket. But I must say I HATE the design.
    Every time I look at it I see those stupid camera loops to add some carrying strap / slings i want to scream: WHHYYYYY?
    Remove the stupid handle. GEt rid of the screen and build in some SDD SLOT so we donīt have
    to use a cage with USB-C Clamp.

No IBIS, which is great, but they buolld it like a stupid DSLR because they want that "consumer markt" or what?
    I love the BMMCC. It is just a Box. You can add NF-P Plate to it. You can rig it up. Great. I thought they days are
    over that camera look like DSLR. And now this thing.

And npw the all the problems with SDD and cages around the grip.
    Of course I will buy this thing. But i hope to see a BMMCC 4K next year. With a SSD Slot instead of a screen.
    I would be surprised if BM didn't release a BMMCC 4K in the next 18 months. In the meantime, the P4K tries to please as many people as possible. Imagine you need to look like an average Joe when shooting a project -- just slap a little pancake lens on the bare camera and you're good to go.
    Pocket 4K "Chaplin".

I hope that they take a different direction with the micro 4k. The crash/ drone design isnt what I'd want from it. If they made a pocket 4k price kinefinity style camera I'd be very happy.

Proper side controls, a detachable monitor with interface control, SSD in body, full size XLR etc. Would really be something. Run it from the new mini v/gold mount batteries or 2 NP-f.

It'd even promote having a micro as an A camera and a pocket as a B and gimbal/glidecam camera.
    Last edited by Ryanite; 07-13-2018 at 07:26 PM.