Thread: SmallRig Cage for Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K 2203

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Half cage idea is cool. Cable clamps (on both ends) are mandatory for USB-C connectivity. It's about the least secure connection I've ever used, a slight bump and it disconnects, yes, it's worse than micro HDMI.

It would be cool if somebody came up with a solution for using the Video Devices Speed Drives. Click clack done.

acc_speedrive.jpg

P.S. Lose the cold shoe. I Co-Designed a product for Smallrig and they did the same thing. They love to integrate cold shoes. You know what, if I want one I'll spend the 5 bucks and bolt one on. A cage should be flexible beyond all else, otherwise what is the point?

Hell if I knock a full size USB hard drive cable slightly it dismounts from my computer, I can't image usb-c out and about. Would infuriate me. Seems good for tripod only events though.

A clamp would be 100% necessary if you want to hold the camera at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Harrington View Post
    I like the idea of the self contained battery which keeps the camera small. But I'm thinking that a small well mounted SSD would be a huge plus. Also would love to find a better way to ND. Sometimes variables leave something to be desired. JB talked about the SLR magics 'screw ins' so maybe it's having a set of those when the variables are troubling.
    Marshall, I own the complete set of ten SLR Magic ND 82mm screw-in filters. Very nice quality and consistent behaviour. Range from ND0.3 through ND 3.0 in one stop increments. They also have front threads so you can stack filters.

Another SLR Magic option is their combination 4-stop ND with Image Enhancer Pro in a single filter. Combine that single filter with their Vari-ND and you’ll be able to completely avoid any hint of the dreaded X-factor.

I can't join the Facebook group. Anyone has problems as well ?

EDIT : The more I look at the 'half cage' the more I like it. I had the Movcam cage for the original Pocket and loved their wood handle which nothing was obstructing.
    Last edited by Stefan Antonescu; 07-12-2018 at 09:13 AM.
    Pocket 4K "Chaplin".

Quote Originally Posted by rick.lang View Post
    Marshall, I own the complete set of ten SLR Magic ND 82mm screw-in filters. Very nice quality and consistent behaviour. Range from ND0.3 through ND 3.0 in one stop increments. They also have front threads so you can stack filters.

Another SLR Magic option is their combination 4-stop ND with Image Enhancer Pro in a single filter. Combine that single filter with their Vari-ND and you’ll be able to completely avoid any hint of the dreaded X-factor.
    Rick thanks for the reply. If I remember right you're using these with SLR Magic Hyperprimes?

Is the Image Enhancer basically a UV/IR cut? Curious if you've had any issues with stacking so much glass and the reflections that result. If so how do you deal with it? Also are using the V-ND as well as the dedicated ND's?

A challenger appears: https://www.facebook.com/EightSinn/p...type=3&theater

Says more info on Monday.

8sinn make some of the best cages. would still prefer a half cage though

Yeah ill still be waiting for a half cage

Quote Originally Posted by JordanWright View Post
    Yeah ill still be waiting for a half cage

They were working on it already.

8sinn.jpg
    Last edited by dougfunnieyo; 07-13-2018 at 08:27 AM.

these guys don't drop the ball do they, you can see the cable clamp too. They just get it from a shooters perspective. here's another pre order to add to the list =) They probably have a pocket 4k, should ask for some sample footage to go along with the pre order
    Last edited by iammuc; 07-13-2018 at 09:48 AM.