Thread: DaVinci Resolve 15 b6 released

1. #1 DaVinci Resolve 15 b6 released 
    Thank you to everyone who have used our previous betas and providing feedback as itís very helpful for our ongoing stability and development. Please continue to report bugs with steps to repo, system information and diagnostic logs on the v15 beta sub forum and if you have a bug, please review the forum for similar issues in the specific beta build you are using before you start a new thread.

We are pleased to announce the release of DaVinci Resolve 15 Studio beta 6. This is a no charge upgrade for existing customers and is available from the BMD support web site.

I still have 14 studio (waiting a bit longer for more stable releases of 15) will the dongle allow the upgrade from 14 to 15 studio? I don't think I ever entered any activation key or anything, just plugged in and Studio'd away.

Quote Originally Posted by GeranSimpson View Post
    I still have 14 studio (waiting a bit longer for more stable releases of 15) will the dongle allow the upgrade from 14 to 15 studio? I don't think I ever entered any activation key or anything, just plugged in and Studio'd away.
    The dongle works for all versions of Studio. They use activation keys now but the usb dongles will continue to work for Studio. Fusion dongle will also work for Resolve Studio now.

Edit: Fixed misinformation about Resolve dongle working for Fusion 9 Studio.
    Last edited by Asyndeton; 07-07-2018 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asyndeton View Post
    The dongle works for all versions of Studio. They use activation keys now but the usb dongles will continue to work for Studio. The dongle amd activation keys also work for Fusion 9 Studio if you wish Fusion separate from Resolve.
    to clarify as i find this statement misleading, a Resolve Studio dongle or activation key will no work for Fusion Studio.

a Fusion Studio dongle will work for Resolve Studio.

pre v15 Resolve dongles and activations keys will also work for v15 when released

Hello Peter!

Thanks again for the update notice.

Something I've been wondering about ever since Blackmagic acquired Ultimatte - are there any plans to make a software version of Ultimatte and perhaps incorporate it into Resolve? This is something I would gladly pay extra for. Back in the day, Ultimatte was my favorite keyer. I don't think most people realize how good it is. But for me, the days of using a hardware keyer are long gone. Would love to see a software version of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Chamberlain View Post
    to clarify as i find this statement misleading, a Resolve Studio dongle or activation key will no work for Fusion Studio.

a Fusion Studio dongle will work for Resolve Studio.

pre v15 Resolve dongles and activations keys will also work for v15 when released
    Really? I have a Resolve dongle in my computer right now and able to use Fusion 9 Studio.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm completely wrong, just checked and I had the free version installed. Sorry for the misinformation, will edit other post.