Thread: Blackmagic Design customer service

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Blackmagic Design customer service 
    Pros, cons, I'm interested in what you think of the BM customer service experience.
    Here's who I am:
    https://vimeo.com/111386220

Every interaction I've had has been excellent. I've not been on hold long and every time it was a person that was knowledgeable and in my country. Obviously that might not be the case for everyone, especially outside the United States, but myself and my partner put them second only to Apple when it comes to customer service.

Better customer service than any Camera manufacturer except RED and ARRI. But you PAY for those.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

My own experience was also excellent. The lead developer for Resolve got personally involved and made sure my situation was handled.

Here's a story for you...

In 2013 - maybe early 2014 - I had a Blackmagic HD Studio camera. At the time, no 1080/60p cameras (with internal recording) existed from BM, and I really wanted Blackmagic slow-motion.

I rented a 7Q (the first Shogun didn't exist yet) and for the life of me couldn't get a 60p signal on it. Just didn't work.

I filled out one of the forms they had back then (not sure if they still do) and someone ended up calling my cell phone a few hours later.

I was really surprised and thought that was pretty awesome.

We never did figure out the problem, but it was so early back then with those two pieces of hardware, and months later after both received various updates to their software/hardware (including Level A and B signals, which also caused issues by crushing the blacks), all was well.

I've also RMA'd equipment and BM sent me an overnight label and then overnighted back a replacement the next day.

The customer service has been amazing for me.

Great service on my part, from sending a VA back for repair with a 7-day turnaround, including post each way, to getting support help via email and phone.
    Cheers

Yep only good experiences here

8. #8 Blackmagic Design customer service 
    I got one of the first UM Pro’s from Texas Media Systems when they first came out.
    There was an issue with it (no fault of TMS) that required sending it in to repair/support in Fremont, CA.
    I also requested installation of the “flare fix” but was under the gun to travel and could not afford a long wait.

On receipt of my camera they removed the v-mount block for return (I was expecting to have the camera I sent in returned), took another new unit from stock, did the flare fix then sent it out Fed-Ex overnight. I couldn’t have been more pleased.
    Canon 6D Mark II, 24-70, 70-200, Tokina 11-20, Sigma 18-35, Rokinon 35, 50, 85, 135, GH4, Lumix 20, 12-35, 35-100, 100-300.

I've only had good experiences with BMD support. I RMA'd an Ursa Mini 4.6k with a faulty XLR preamp - they replaced it in less than a week with virtually no hassle. I also RMA'd two HD Link units... very little fuss. In general, they're just very helpful.

Shawn

Only good experiences, quick, detailed, and great communication.