Thread: Speedbooster for the pocket 4K

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Speedbooster for the pocket 4K 
    Hello,

I shoot a combo of full frame lenses and ASPC lenses. Probably my best bet is the metabones speedbooster ultra I guess, as the XL would vignette with APSC lenses. Or am I missing something or an other option?

Cheers

Senior Member Michael Sandiford's Avatar
    I'm sure a new speed booster will be made. If it's like the kinefinity terras it will take it 1.3.

No, unless a new SB specifically for the new Pocket 4K is made, it will use the 0.71 Ultra just fine, which will come close to giving you a FOV similar to the Ursa Mini 4.6k sensor.

From what I’ve read the current crop of SpeetBoosters cover the GH5s fine, and will therefore cover the 4KPCC fine. Why is everyone so worried about this?

They are worried about the sensor cover glass thickness, which was an issue with the BMCC and BMPPC, but these were smaller sensors, and the issue was mainly with the Sigma 18-35 and other very fast lenses being used at f/1.4 or more.
    Let’s nit invent issues, where their are none at this point in time. Wait until the camera is out (released), trsted, and then see if their is an issue. If not, then the current new Ultra and XL SB should be fine.
    Cheers

Grant said that there will be a speed booster specific for the Pocket 4K but did not mention who's making it. I will just assume Metabones is.

Quote Originally Posted by EYu View Post
    Grant said that there will be a speed booster specific for the Pocket 4K but did not mention who's making it. I will just assume Metabones is.
    SpeedBooster is a product like from MetaBones. There are other focal reducers besides SpeedBoosters, of course. It depends on if Grant was being correct about his use of the term or not.

I hate that I spent the money for a BMPCC specific Speedbooster... I hope that a .71 will be the lick. I can't afford to keep buying speedboosters. LOL!

You might be able to still use the BMPCC SB on the new csmera in the HD window mode.
    Cheers

10. #10 Stop posting misinformation. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex.Mitchell View Post
    From what Iíve read the current crop of SpeetBoosters cover the GH5s fine, and will therefore cover the 4KPCC fine. Why is everyone so worried about this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny Smith View Post
    They are worried about the sensor cover glass thickness, which was an issue with the BMCC and BMPPC, but these were smaller sensors, and the issue was mainly with the Sigma 18-35 and other very fast lenses being used at f/1.4 or more.
    Letís nit invent issues, where their are none at this point in time. Wait until the camera is out (released), trsted, and then see if their is an issue. If not, then the current new Ultra and XL SB should be fine.
    Cheers
    Sorry to be blunt but you guys have no idea what your are talking about. I politely request you stop posting in this thread. You are posting misinformation.

Denny Smith, I applaud you for realizing that sensor stack thickness is an issue, but I am baffled by the bizarre relationship you draw between stack thickness and surface area. You are 100% wrong.

Canon sensors are way bigger (surface area wise) than m43 sensors and yet their sensor stack thickness is a fraction of the size. In fact their stack thickness is closer to the size of smaller Blackmagic sensors.

Canon on the left. M43 on the right.
    Attached Images