Thread: Release of DaVinci Resolve 15 b5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Release of DaVinci Resolve 15 b5 
    We are pleased to announce that the public beta 5 for DaVinci Resolve is now available as a no charge upgrade for download from the BMD support web site. https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/sup...lve-and-fusion
    The Studio version will work with your existing DaVinci Resolve Studio or Fusion Studio dongle or a DaVinci Resolve activation key.

Thank you to all who have used our previous betas and providing feedback as it’s very helpful for our ongoing stability and development. Thank you also to those submitting automatic diagnostic logs. Please continue to report bugs with steps to repo, system information and diagnostic logs on the v15 beta sub forum and if you have a bug, please review the forum for similar issues in the specific beta build you are using before you start a new thread.

If you are upgrading from v15beta 4, there is no database change however making a project DB backup is still prudent.

Details can be found here
    https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/v...417098#p417098

Thank you Peter, gotta love BMD.

Thanks as always for the update, Peter. I have a suggestion for a new feature for Resolve - a HISTORY PALETTE, similar to what Adobe has in Premiere. This would be infinitely more useful than continually hitting CTRL-Z and going blindly back in time.

Got few suggestions too:

1. Add live LUT preview when LUT browser in list view (similar to ALT+hover when navigate LUT menu)

2. There is known Cross Hatching problem described in this thread https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/v...1936&start=400
    As you may know it can be fixed by shifting XY position to 0.5px. https://ursa-mini-fpn-grid-pattern-n...258718/fix-46k

it seems in Resolve 15 beta5 (tested non studio) it don't works as it should. It produces artifact at the edges. It is also visible at the rendered images. (see full sized images)

3. I really like when you try to expand working space by making UI elements more compact but page switcher bar in icons only mode looks so lonely.

Here is the idea for low profile bottom page switcher bar but wth text labels. How about make those bottom tabs in similar way as all other tabs? Feedback welcome.

4. This is my subjective opinion but new Camera RAW and Motion Effects icons are not good.
    Camera RAW looks like overcomplicated wireframe 3D image, it is hard to read and it is not fits to 2D flat concept of other icons. Simple camera icon in Resolve 14 was more friendly.

Motion Effects icon is just don't feels like Motion Effects icon. It looks like picture frame. Old star shape icon was also not perfect, it always looked like link to "Favorites" to me.

I can suggest to thinking about redesign of those icons.

Last edited by shijan; 06-17-2018 at 01:15 AM.
    All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph B View Post
    Thanks as always for the update, Peter. I have a suggestion for a new feature for Resolve - a HISTORY PALETTE, similar to what Adobe has in Premiere. This would be infinitely more useful than continually hitting CTRL-Z and going blindly back in time.
    This is already there on the Edit Page.

Quote Originally Posted by Rohit Gupta View Post
    This is already there on the Edit Page.
    Thanks! Love it !

Is the stabilizer improved since one of the V15 beta's, not meaning speed, but actually stabilization.

As I have tried multiple settings, classic and new. And I dont get any decent results ever. With Warp stabilizer or Reelsteady its just a mouseclick and it works perfect. This is my number one request for Davinci Resolve.

Hi everyone,
    I'm experimenting a strange behaviour in R15b5 in Color page when changing the color space of a node to HSL. (by strange, I mean different than in R14.3)

Let me explain : I use a node in HSL color space and the RGB mixer (constant luminosity unchecked) to densify the colors. When doing so in R14.3, I set my slider between -0.25 and -0.75 depending on the effect I'm looking for. On the waveform, I see the luminosity dropping but on the vectorscope, the saturation stays constant (as it should).
    In R15b5, the saturation diminishes slightly when I set the slider on negative values and the color's luminosity diminishes much faster and in a diffrent way than in R14.3. When I reached -0.25, the darker values are crushed. I really can't get the same results in R15 as in R14...

Is it a bug or a different behaviour of the new version ? Is there an option to get back to the old behaviour ?

Thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by polaroid22 View Post
    Is the stabilizer improved since one of the V15 beta's, not meaning speed, but actually stabilization.

As I have tried multiple settings, classic and new. And I dont get any decent results ever. With Warp stabilizer or Reelsteady its just a mouseclick and it works perfect. This is my number one request for Davinci Resolve.
    Can you share an example where v15 is not as good as another stabilizer? Provide the source clip and the stabilized clip and we will check as v15 had lots of improvements.

Could it be that you try it on footage with massive RS? The stabilizer in Resolve has no cure for RS aka 'yello'.
    I compared it to the Warp Stabilizer by Adobe, which can handle RS to some degree, and to Mercalli, which IMHO does it best.

But for footage with minimal RS or global shutter Resolve is doing a pretty good job.