Thread: OSEE Americas out of business?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 OSEE Americas out of business? 
    Has anyone had any dealings with OSEE Americas lately? I bought a monitor from them as part of the NAB group buy last year, and now the monitor has died, and will not power back up. I tried to contact Thom via the email I had with them, and it got kicked back. It also appears that the OSEE America site is dead. They also are not listed as a vendor for this years Cinegear Expo next week in Los Angeles where I actually bought the monitor last year.

I did try to send an email to the parent OSEE company as well, but haven't heard anything from them either, and I'm starting to think, I may have just taken a big loss on buying this monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasHennessy View Post
    Has anyone had any dealings with OSEE Americas lately? I bought a monitor from them as part of the NAB group buy last year, and now the monitor has died, and will not power back up. I tried to contact Thom via the email I had with them, and it got kicked back. It also appears that the OSEE America site is dead. They also are not listed as a vendor for this years Cinegear Expo next week in Los Angeles where I actually bought the monitor last year.

I did try to send an email to the parent OSEE company as well, but haven't heard anything from them either, and I'm starting to think, I may have just taken a big loss on buying this monitor.
    That sucks!

I almost bought one of those monitors too. Glad now I didn’t. This is the issue dealing with new unknown products.
    Cheers

Is this their site?

http://www.oseedirect.com/

I recently bought a lcm156-e from PeopleCanFly, and also wondered what happend. I couldn’t find any download link for the monitor utility, manual etc. All links or down.

So I emailed a bunch of adresses, after a few days someone replied. Try this one: support@osee-dig.com
    After that I had great support.

You could also try their Facebook?

I hope everything is alright; Thom was excellent for me when I needed assistance with my own ignorance regarding an HCM-700. I'm glad you were able to get in touch, Unknown!

There site was under construction for a good while...however now its back up and running and seems to be a huge improvement from what it was.

I usually get Thom at this address thom@oseeamericas.com

You can also speak with Dawn dawnzhangdy@osee-dig.com

Elaine elaine@osee-dig.com

Wendy wendywu@osee-dig.com

They have been pretty communicative with me when I need.

I've had only had minor issues with my HCM 700. Issues meaning things that need firmware upgrades IMO. The false colour is useless as its just colours with NO IRE scale (makes no sense to even have that). And the waveform could be better implemented/displayed. Sometimes the Joystick is not as responsive as i'd like. Apart from that it's been pretty solid. It shut off on me once during a shoot and wouldn't turn on for about 5 mins. I think it may have overheated. It was a very hot day in Jamaican sun. However I'd never heard of a monitor overheating even though I have used some that have gotten really hot. I'm just assuming it overheated. I let it cool down in the shade for about 5 mins and it was back up and running and fine the rest of the shoot. Ive used it alot since I got it in the group buy and that was the only time it shut off. So may be a freak thing.

I really like the focus assist, display and brightness of it. Colour is decent also. It also shares the same/similar OS as small HD and I have a smallHD 502 so it was easy to get used to. I may pick up a couple more monitors from them in the future.
    Last edited by jambredz; 05-31-2018 at 10:16 AM.
    Darren Scott
    Freelance Director/Director of Photography

https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

I don't work for them but I've heard they are moving away from direct sales and going with a distributor model. Like most of the companies we love, including Black Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by jambredz View Post
    There site was under construction for a good while...however now its back up and running and seems to be a huge improvement from what it was.

I usually get Thom at this address thom@oseeamericas.com

You can also speak with Dawn dawnzhangdy@osee-dig.com

Elaine elaine@osee-dig.com

Wendy wendywu@osee-dig.com

They have been pretty communicative with me when I need.

I've had only had minor issues with my HCM 700. Issues meaning things that need firmware upgrades IMO. The false colour is useless as its just colours with NO IRE scale (makes no sense to even have that). And the waveform could be better implemented/displayed. Sometimes the Joystick is not as responsive as i'd like. Apart from that it's been pretty solid. It shut off on me once during a shoot and wouldn't turn on for about 5 mins. I think it may have overheated. It was a very hot day in Jamaican sun. However I'd never heard of a monitor overheating even though I have used some that have gotten really hot. I'm just assuming it overheated. I let it cool down in the shade for about 5 mins and it was back up and running and fine the rest of the shoot. Ive used it alot since I got it in the group buy and that was the only time it shut off. So may be a freak thing.

I really like the focus assist, display and brightness of it. Colour is decent also. It also shares the same/similar OS as small HD and I have a smallHD 502 so it was easy to get used to. I may pick up a couple more monitors from them in the future.
    So I finally got a hold of someone through the support email, but I havenít got any real resolution yet. Thom ran OSEE America, and was great with customer service, but now it feels like Iím dealing with someone overseas who doesnít have the same level of vested interest in helping me out. At the end of the day, all i really care about is if they will fix the monitor, because taking a $1,000 loss on a monitor that is less than a year old is not something that excites me.

HI all OSEE support is available from OSEE directly at: support@osee-dig.com. The USA office has been closed.
    Regards all .... Thom Belford