Thread: RX570 for 4.6k?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    To the guys with 970s, these are bstocks which are what they are but are certed by EVGA:

https://www.evga.com/products/produc...set=GTX+980+Ti

$400 +-

Run two cards:
    Monitors to the 970
    Computation to the 980ti.

You will knock it out of the park. They run off the same software without conflict.

Mixing generations of cards is more trouble than it is worth. This is a simple relatively cheap solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Marckusw View Post
    To the guys with 970s, these are bstocks which are what they are but are certed by EVGA:

https://www.evga.com/products/produc...set=GTX+980+Ti

$400 +-

Run two cards:
    Monitors to the 970
    Computation to the 980ti.

You will knock it out of the park. They run off the same software without conflict.

Mixing generations of cards is more trouble than it is worth. This is a simple relatively cheap solution.
    Hm, I never considered that! Adding another 970/980 would be around the same price if I went with EVGA. Sounds like that would offer better performance than a single card upgrade?

Needs to be a 980ti to get the results you want. You need the 6gbs of ram. I ran dual 970s but did not get a decent result till I went to a 980ti in slots 1 and 2 and a 970 in 3 and 4. We mix BMCC Raw, BMPC, A7s/VA4k Prores and Mavic 4k nonstop in Argentina with these cards and a 5930 6 core / 32 gigs of ram. Pipeline is 3 500gb SSDs. Assets, OS and NLEs, Renders. The work is mostly commercials and documentaries with some indie, not a lot of effects, graphics, raytraces etc. Fast turn around.

Any heavy effects, graphics, raytraces are created on another machine.

For $399 you can't lose.

I had the 970/980ti in the 5960 8 core and then went to a 1070 and sent the 970/980ti to South America for use in the 5930 6 core. The 970/980ti cards performance was much better than the single 1070 regardless of 8 CPU to 6 CPU cores.

Thanks. I can only afford one 980ti at the moment. Thinking running that dual with my 970 would be okay? I've never mixed cards like that. Regardless, good info, thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by david evans View Post
    EYu,

That system sounds nice, but wouldn't a single 8gb R9 390X be enough to handle 4k RAW? My only goal is to use this with Resolve. I have a GTX 970 4gb that simply doesn't cut it for 4k RAW...
    David,
    Sorry for the late response. I started with a single and was able to render 4K RAW with not too heavy workflow - like only a few oFX and NR. The second card gave it much boost that I'm able to do so much. I don't know if you can mix AMD and INTEL cards but if you could then you can try using the R9 390X for your compute and the GTX 970 4gb for display.

From my experience, another bottleneck with 4K is the cache. A very fast storage (Multiple SSD RAID 0) for cache is equally important and don't short yourself on fast storage.
    Last edited by EYu; 06-10-2018 at 12:40 AM.

Check SAPPHIRE R9 Furry. it is cheaper than RX580 nowadays and OpenCL performance is very high.
    All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/