Thread: Timecode jam UMP

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by John Brawley View Post
    I've been using multiple UMP's using multiple clocks including the Moze TIG, the Ambient Nano and the Ambient Tiny Lockit just fine on the UMP TC in.

When I have problems it's 99% cable related.

JB
    I've tried nothing but new cables and even the line cable that was suggested on the other board who was having jam issues as well to no avail. It's never worked with any cable I have thrown at it unfortunately....

I finally got mine to work. I believe the culprit was the TC output voltage. I changed it to .125, and it locked. See if your device allows you to change the TC output voltage.

Quote Originally Posted by ns400r View Post
    I've tried nothing but new cables and even the line cable that was suggested on the other board who was having jam issues as well to no avail. It's never worked with any cable I have thrown at it unfortunately....
    What tends to happen is people get "timecode" cables that are 5P lemo to BMC. But it's really hard to know if they're wired correctly because there are TC in cables and TC out cables.

as per this lemo map.

https://www.sounddevices.com/tech-no...de-connections

I've bought name brand TC cables that are labelled TC IN and are wired up to the IN of the Lemo. Which won't work because that's for sending TC from the Ursa Mini Pro to the TC clock.

And sometimes the TC IN cable IS wired to the TC out of the Lemo.

You can also get these cables to be really sure that do both.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...5p_to_bnc.html

JB

Quote Originally Posted by weis5on View Post
    I finally got mine to work. I believe the culprit was the TC output voltage. I changed it to .125, and it locked. See if your device allows you to change the TC output voltage.
    What device has an adjustable TC output voltage ?

I've not seen this before except for the SMPTE LTC Audio based ones. Like a volume output. (Moze)

JB

Zaxcom ERX3TCD

A Zaxcom ZFR400 generates/continuously jams TC over Zaxnet with other ZFR400 and ERX3TCD attached to cameras. In unique circumstances, where wireless transmitters can't be used, it works great; however, without TC post would have been PITA trying to match hours of autonomous recorders with cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by John Brawley View Post
    What tends to happen is people get "timecode" cables that are 5P lemo to BMC. But it's really hard to know if they're wired correctly because there are TC in cables and TC out cables.

as per this lemo map.

https://www.sounddevices.com/tech-no...de-connections

I've bought name brand TC cables that are labelled TC IN and are wired up to the IN of the Lemo. Which won't work because that's for sending TC from the Ursa Mini Pro to the TC clock.

And sometimes the TC IN cable IS wired to the TC out of the Lemo.

You can also get these cables to be really sure that do both.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...5p_to_bnc.html

JB
    Hi John,

The Tentacle Sync's do not have Lemo coming out of it. They have a 3.5mm mini TRS jack. I've seen many UMP that work with the cables provided but for some reason ours does not jam and that's with trying different cables. I really do not want to send the camera back...

Hi John,

The Tentacle Sync's do not have Lemo coming out of it. They have a 3.5mm mini TRS jack. I've seen many UMP that work with the cables provided but for some reason ours does not jam and that's with trying different cables. I really do not want to send the camera back...
    This happened to us once. It seem to remember the fix was pressing record or tapping the timecode on the screen. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by kgimedia View Post
    This happened to us once. It seem to remember the fix was pressing record or tapping the timecode on the screen. Good luck!
    Unfortunately it's a no go....

Sorry.

Seems to me then it is a camera issue. The OP in this thread has solved his issue. Only other thing for you to try maybe is a different TC source and see if that works on the camera ?

JB