Thread: How to use Davinci Resolve Studio SneakerNet between computers???

1. #1 How to use Davinci Resolve Studio SneakerNet between computers??? 
    Greetings!! I run a small production company with only three editing systems. One Mac Pro desktop and two mobile MacBook Pro laptops for editing. Because we do a lot of work in the filed and in coffeeshops, etc. We have always worked on projects off of external SSD drives including the Project files and all media. We will do most of the injesting, file prep, and basic editing on one of the laptops and then bring those files to the Mac Pro for color correction, audio editing, graphics, composition and exporting.

This has worked great with FCPX and Premiere. But we have yet to get a working system with Resolve. I know the Database based system is great for SAN networks. I feel like I must be missing some basic thing and there must be an easy way to do this in Resolve (14 or 15). I bought Studio in hopes of ditching Premiere and CC. But this basic thing keeps being a pain. Is there any basic answer or workflow?

Thanks.

Adam

No answer but would also like to know if something like this is possible, my situation is slightly more complicated as the editor works on PC and I colour on Mac, but it would be nice to be able to have cloned drives and be able to email project files back and forth. The database is everything on the system right? There should be smaller files for individual projects. The guys I collaborate with are moving to resolve studio, and I'll get my copy when the new pocket 4K comes out. Studio allows collaboration but we won't be in the same facility.

Can't you export the project file and use that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    Can't you export the project file and use that?
    Probably, not sure how, or if the file is small enough.

think i answered this somewhere elese, or a similar question, i would archive the project to your external drive, include optmised media, caches, stills and lut's

once the projectis restored on each machine that will create links to the media storeage, you will only need ot move DRP's and usualy those are quite small

+1 on Dermot's recommendation.