Thread: BMPCC 4K and loupe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 BMPCC 4K and loupe 
    Now the BMPCC has a 5 inch 1080P screen, I'm sure there will be loupes made for it.

But now that it is a touch screen, would attaching a loupe make controls for the camera unavailable? - can all the relevant controls be accessible on the camera body?

i was just thinking about this a few days ago, when someone mentioned that he wont buy the camera because it has no evf. I'm sure someone will make a loupe if the camera sells well (and it will) and if there are enough requests. Worst case scenario, we just 3d print one. And regarding the controls, most of them are on buttons, and when you need the ones that are not you just take the loupe off (via magnets or hinge) and change the settings then put it back, takes like 2 seconds.

There are already 5" loupes with magnetic frames available like this one, https://www.gridaccessories.com

Quote Originally Posted by jimagine View Post
    There are already 5" loupes with magnetic frames available like this one, https://www.gridaccessories.com
    Thanks for the link.

Well, there you go, I'm sure there will be many more.

and when you need the ones that are not you just take the loupe off (via magnets or hinge) and change the settings then put it back, takes like 2 seconds
    When you've got the camera rigged up and on your shoulder, taking the loupe off is not something you'd want to do that often - A closer look at the spec says there are dedicated ISO and White Balance buttons and 3 x software configurable Fn buttons

I guess I would have Focus Assist, Zebra and False Color assigned to those

What would others have as a preference?

A loupe on a 5-inch screen is not practical to use, the area is too large to see by looking forward, even thr SmallHD 5-inch Monitor Zoom in to a smaller image area when used with its side finder.
    Cheers

A loupe on a 5-inch screen is not practical to use
    Never had a screen that big on a camera to think of that before :-)

What would you recommend for use on a shoulder rig?

p.s. would such a thing as a "speedbooster loupe" be possible? some optics to squeeze the image down to a viewfinder size?
    Last edited by cristo; 05-10-2018 at 05:06 AM.

I imagine something like this will be feasible:

https://www.google.pt/search?q=sunho...h=734&dpr=1.25

Just get good EFV likie a Cineroid Retina EVF, which has both HDMI and SDI inputs, scopes, etc. a very nice screen on their new model. Also SmallHD has the 501w/Side Finder on sale, but this is so what larger setup than thr Cineroid, but it also works very well. Both can be powered by battery or DTap connection (thr 50@needs a regulated dummy battery, available from SmallHD.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Smith View Post
    Just get good EFV likie a Cineroid Retina EVF, which has both HDMI and SDI inputs, scopes, etc. a very nice screen on their new model. Also SmallHD has the 501w/Side Finder on sale, but this is so what larger setup than thr Cineroid, but it also works very well. Both can be powered by battery or DTap connection (thr 50@needs a regulated dummy battery, available from SmallHD.
    Cheers
    Cineroid Retina will set you back additional $800, SmallHD with HDMI/SDI input is 502 and it will set you back $1500, which is more then camera itself. Since it's the same screen as 5" VA, the question is if a loupe or EVF is even necessary. That screen in VA is good enough for critical focus, and some sort of sun shade should do the trick.