Thread: Biwin cards

1. #1 Biwin cards 
    Hey guys,

I was trying to contact Biwin (at least their european representatives) but I can't seem to get anyone to answer my calls. I think Lee Miller no longer works for them which is a shame because he had an imaculate client support system. I was wondering if anyone bought any cfast cards from them recently. One of the cfast cards I had, just stopped working (doesn't appear in any of my media, including the camera). I know these cards are supposed to have 5 year warranty but it only works if the company still exists...

If not, what is the current budget option for cfast 2.0 cards?

Thanks

KomputerBay. They're recommended by BMD--at least, their 3400 and 3600 cards. Been using their 256gb 3700 cards for a year now with no problem, shooting RAW 4:1 often and have used 60fps numerous times. Shot almost an entire music video at 120 fps (cropped sensor, of course) and didn't have any problems. $250 on Amazon.

Lee Miller no longer sell Biwin Cards. The problem with the Biwin cards is that they start skipping frames with RAW 4K above 24fps.

My Biwins were fine at 60fps as long as I was recording to both cards. I can't remember my exact tests, but yeah, think I had dropped frames in RAW at 60fps recording to one card.

Thanks guys. I always set my camera to stop recording when drop frames occur and at 60fps I get 6/7 seconds of slowmo recording with one card. Recording to both biwin cards I could get a lot more and that's my problem. With one of the cards malfunctioning, I can't get good raw slowmo that lasts more than 6seconds without dropped frames. I wanted to send this card to the factory for fixing but I don't even know who represents them anymore. At least in europe...

Lee Miller is still offering tech support for the cards with BiWin, BiWin is still in business, but they switched their manufacturing over to SSD's for the foreseeable future since there was a global shortage. My cards are still going strong thankfully.

I've tried contacting Lee but got no response. Does anyone know if he has a new email address?

I had 4 of the 256GB cards. They had problems and got very hot that it intermittently fails to record. Lee helped me get support to fixed it in China. I packed all 4 cards and sent it over with an RMA. Unfortunately, the cards got stolen either in transit or when it arrived at Biwin in China. They claim that they have nothing to do with the lost and it must have happened in transit. There was no way they will even replace it. So at the end, I lost 4 256Gb Biwin C-Fast cards. Although Lee was a stand-up guy, Biwin sucked at customer service. They basically said to go pound sand and I had to file a claim with the US Post who is investigating the matter. It's been over a year and I have yet to see a dime from the insurance I took with the mail. Just be very cautious. I don't even buy on Ebay at all anymore. Just buy it from B&H or a reputable C-Fast card reseller in your area. I also just buy the SandDisk Extreme Pro or Angel these days.