Thread: Would you choose a Canon C200 over the Ursa Mini Pro NOW?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny Smith View Post
    It is not a positive locking mount, camera plate depends on a spring to seat and hold the FFD which can drift. My biggest issue is, Canon made the excellent FD Mount redundant when they released the EF Mount, making all owners of FD glass to replace their lenses with EF Mount glass. Some of the Canon lenses are very good, but not the same quality as the previous FD Pro lenses were.
    Cheers
    Yeah... I'm gonna have to second that.
    The only Canon lenses I own are FDs and they are not only great great lenses, but are built to last a long time, just like the Nikkor Ai-S lenses.
    I still shoot regularly with Canon FD and Nikkor Ai-S lenses that I got in the 1980's.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

I believe canon are about to jump into the mirror less game and start doing 135 format cameras. No one needs optical finders.

When they do this they will take the chance to do another change of mount. I hope they do and replace EF with something else, something that works better for motion imaging. A shorter flange perhaps.

There will be a new Canon 135 format mount soon. EF is more than 25 years and it hamstrings canon in many ways.

Service. Service is like the overheating issue Blackmagic cameras have.

They DONT have an overheating issue but some reason overheating comes up as a listed issue with Blackmagic cameras all the time. I always know now when someone posts this that theyve never shot with one.

Every camera manufacture has good and bad days. I’ve had Arri issues, Sony issues and Red issues.

I was just over on REDUSER and take a look at this thread. A mode of camera that competes most directly with the URSA and similar issues from multiple uses so not really an isolated incident.

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...t-W-Experience

But yesterday on a Facebook group I saw a user that had smoked his Ursa Mini out of warranty that he sent in to have repaired and they sent him a brand new camera within a week. He couldn’t believe how fast it was or that they did it. RED also to their credit did above and beyond in the above thread. Cameras can just be...complicated :-)

JB

Quote Originally Posted by John Brawley View Post
    I believe canon are about to jump into the mirror less game and start doing 135 format cameras. No one needs optical finders.

When they do this they will take the chance to do another change of mount. I hope they do and replace EF with something else, something that works better for motion imaging. A shorter flange perhaps.

There will be a new Canon 135 format mount soon. EF is more than 25 years and it hamstrings canon in many ways.

Service. Service is like the overheating issue Blackmagic cameras have.

They DONT have an overheating issue but some reason overheating comes up as a listed issue with Blackmagic cameras all the time. I always know now when someone posts this that theyve never shot with one.

Every camera manufacture has good and bad days. I’ve had Arri issues, Sony issues and Red issues.

I was just over on REDUSER and take a look at this thread. A mode of camera that competes most directly with the URSA and similar issues from multiple uses so not really an isolated incident.

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...t-W-Experience

But yesterday on a Facebook group I saw a user that had smoked his Ursa Mini out of warranty that he sent in to have repaired and they sent him a brand new camera within a week. He couldn’t believe how fast it was or that they did it. RED also to their credit did above and beyond in the above thread. Cameras can just be...complicated :-)

JB
    It's certainly good to have a little wisdom here from time to time to balance out the multitude of little facts and little opinions.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Quote Originally Posted by Denjin Zaboga View Post
    Any confirmations on this?
    Well you could certainly pop over to https://cinematography.net/UHD-Digit...ions-2017.html and download (don't just watch the compressed online versions) the camera tests. The C200 and UMP are very close. And at 800 the URSA is certainly not noisier.

Quote Originally Posted by DPStewart View Post
    It's certainly good to have a little wisdom here from time to time to balance out the multitude of little facts and little opinions.
    It's not so much the size of the opinion, but how you use it.