Thread: Pocket 4K feature(firmware) requests

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Thanks Howie for filling in the history on these lenses.
    Cheers

Thank you Denny, thank you Howie for all these valuables informations. Very interesting.

I was interested in Veydra lenses but I never really managed to find a movie about Vimeo showing their qualities. There is a lot of films shot on BMPCC/BMMCC/BMCC with all kinds of lenses but never with the Veydra. Unfortunately.

There were a few test shorts shot, when they first csme out. Frank G. Also used them in a short he shot on the Pocket Camera.
    Also they were used on a short shot on the Micro Cinema csmera when it came out. The lenses used are not a,ways posted in the remarks section, so you need to look around and read the follow on comments, where often lenses used are listed.

Personally, I have used my 16mm, tested the 12mm and 25mm, and found them to have very similar IQ to the Zeiss lenses, which they intercut with very well. I did a side by side test for my own use with the Veydra 16mm and the Zeiss 16mm Super Speed and later the 16mm Illumina. The Veydra compaired very close, with better edge sharpness, and less barrel distortion (really less than 1% on the 16mm, slightly more on thr 12mm, and both best out their Zeiss and Ilimina counterparts. Focus is well dampened, breathing well controlled to non-existent, and witness mark ring can be rotated to calibrate wiith the Camera being used.

Norm Kroll used them in a shoot, (see. http://noamkroll.com/veydra-mft-cine...ns-comparison/ ) and he finds their IQ, “image quality they produce is superb” and I agree. Others have compaired the Veydras with the Zeiss Master Primes, which the Veydra design is based on. You would need to spend three times more money to get this quality from other lenses, Zeiss and Cooke.

Tim Ryan took them out to the Sierra mountains to shoot this review (scroll down to the bottom for the video): https://tarproductions.com/veydra-mini-primes-review/

Most pro shooters that use these, do not necessarily post their work Vimeo. I have also seen still shots of them being used in action cameras for major productions.

You can a,ways rent a few to test yourself, or I have a set available, see For Sale/Wanted section, I can send them out to you, and if you do not like them, yiu can return for a full refund if returned in the same mint condition they are currently in.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Denny Smith; 05-31-2018 at 01:19 PM.

I watched all this. Interesting even if finally, the only real pictures are the three captures on the site of Noam Kroll. Difficult (if not impossible) to find the Veydra for rent in Europe. Maybe I thought I'd start by buying a single lens and comparing with my lenses. Ideally, waiting for the release of the BMPCC4K. If I don't like, I can still sell it.

Thank you for your proposal of the set. The unsurpassable problem for me is the imperial graduation. This would not be usable for me (not readable at all!).

The other question I have is that the Veydra website looks closed. I know the history of burglary and I don't know if Veydra still exists? Another strangeness: on Noam Kroll's blog, the 16-25-35-50mm kit is suggested at $3699 (in 2015) and proposed in 2018 at $4699. Hmm. Error or a big price inflation?

Thanks.

The $3699 price was the original introductory (Kick Starter) price, current list on B&H and Adorama, for the 16-50mm four Lens set is $4699. The site was up last month when I did some searches on prices, still up, but links are broken, they may be having a server issue or redoing their site? I will send a email to Ryan and see what is going on. Metric marking are available as an option, and trying one first is a good idea, try to get either the 16 or 25mm to start, I got the 16mm first, since I was using a Pocket Camera (S16) at the time.

B&H and Adorama still show the kits as available (Special Order), and no word on the net news of them shutting down. The break-in was more than a year ago, I talked with Ryan after that to get my 12mm, and while some inventory had been stolen, a lot was still left, and manufacturing was continuing, with the introduction of several new mounts available.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Denny Smith; 06-02-2018 at 02:23 PM.

Honestly, I think Veydras are worth every penny. Spectacular glass for MFT, and adaptable to other mounts as well. Haven't seen the results of the ≥19mm lenses mounted for E or X mount, but I can imagine them being superb in those formats as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Smith View Post
    The $3699 price was the original introductory (Kick Starter) price, current list formthr 16-50mm four Lens set is $4699. The site was up last week, still up, but links are broken, they may be having a server issue or redoing their site. I will send a email to Ryan and see what is going on. Metric marking are available as an option, and trying one first is a good idea, try to get either the 16 or 25mm to start, I got the 16mm first, since I was using a Pocket Camera (S16) at the time.

B&H and Adorama still show the kits as available (Special Order), and no word on the net news of them shutting down. The break-in was more than a year ago, I talked with Ryan after that to get my 12mm, and while some inventory had been stolen, a lot was still left, and manufacturing was continuing, with the introduction of several new mounts available.
    Cheers
    FYI when i was researching Veydra lenses a couple months ago I ran into this: According to ‘jonpais’, Ryan Avery is no longer with the company. He ordered Fuji X Veydra adapters from them, which he eventually received over a month after he placed the order. They’ve been inactive on social media as well since August of last year (which doesn’t necessarily mean anything, but it is odd)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/jonpais...body-home/amp/

Not looking good, I tried to email Ryan via Veydra, but the email was rejected, as site is down. I had another email address for Ryan, but can not find it. Ryan seems to have been the driving force behind Veydra Lenses, and was the CEO and handled all the marketing activities. While the Veydra Mini
    Rimes still seem available at major retailers, hard to see what the future will bring for them. The launch of a new MFT Cine camera, the new Pocket Camera 4K, would seem to boost excellent third party MFT lenses like the Veydras, which are also supporting several other popular mounts.

Duclos still shows Veydra Mini Primes available on their site and seems to still be offering support for them.

Hopefully, their site is just udergojng revision, based on the current shuffle in management.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Denny Smith; 06-02-2018 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cseeman View Post
    Slow Shutter for Time lapse.
    I wonder if the challenge is buffering as we never saw this in the original Pocket. Let's hope this is possible if it's not already there. Not a single first looks mention shutter angle/shutter speed at all. Hard to believe not one person looked to see the specs on this in the pre release firmware.
    I'd appreciate long exposure times a lot. Pocket 4K seems to be a great B Cam to the Ursa Mini and because I often do time lapses I could use this one for that purposes too.
    Christian Haake / cinematographer / Austria / www.christianhaake.net / Reel: https://vimeo.com/208444259

s16 mode along with open gate and 4:3 and 1:1 for anamorphic.