Thread: Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 4K Camera

Page 104 of 139 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1386
  1. #1031  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    USA N. CA
    Posts
    2,791
    Frank, it is in the process of being implemented on the Panny EVA1, which will record PrRes Raw on the Atomos recorder.
    Per Barry Green, “The EVA1 doesn't output ProRes-anything. The EVA outputs a raw data signal, encodex logarithmically I. 10 bits.
    ProRes RAW is a codec that some external recorders can use to capture and encode the raw signal. There are other ways.to capture it too, such as in ConemaDNG files.”

    So it sounds like the camera does not output ProRes Raw, the recorder converts the camera Raw output to ProRes. In the case of BM cameras with internal Raw recording capability, BM is going to need to i p,event thrnProRes Raw codec, which as you pointed out, is currently very limited in its implementation.
    Cheers
     

  2. #1032  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aram K View Post
    Prores Raw at the moment seems to be little shady deal. Let's see how it plays when it's gonna be out in masses.
    Hey Aram,

    It's nice to see you here, I love your Youtube channel.
    Pocket 4K "Chaplin".
     

  3. #1033  
    Senior Member Frank Glencairn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny Smith View Post
    Frank, it is in the process of being implemented on the Panny EVA1, which will record PrRes Raw on the Atomos recorder.
    Yes, I know - when I said implemented, I mean like in internal recording.
     

  4. #1034  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    USA N. CA
    Posts
    2,791
    OK Frank, you are correct, and internal Raw recording for ProRes Raw does not exist as far as I know either, and will not be available for at least six months, with the Panasonic/Atomos agreement with Apple for exclusive rights to the Codec.

    Cheers
    Last edited by Denny Smith; 05-10-2018 at 03:15 PM.
     

  5. #1035  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    8
    I am sure it has already been asked, but I couldn't find it. Does anyone know if there is a USB C splitter that you might be able to use to connect the Samsung T5 SSD and a USB C battery to the camera? Searched around, but didn't see any solutions. I don't even know if USB C protocol could handle both with a USB C 2 to 1 splitter.

    I would love to get all day battery life with the 20100 mAh anker battery: https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCo...ds=anker+usb+c

    Maybe I need to look into powering the camera with its dedicated 12v port, but I have no idea what hooks up to that. I am not even sure what that connector is for 12v.

    Please correct me if I am wrong! Just looking to get the best storage and long lasting battery life combo for the best price! I would love to hear your guys ideas! Its still early but its fun to plan for the arrival. Haha.
    Last edited by robc; 05-10-2018 at 01:50 AM.
     

  6. #1036  
    Quote Originally Posted by robc View Post
    I am sure it has already been asked, but I couldn't find it. Does anyone know if there is a USB C splitter that you might be able to use to connect the Samsung T5 SSD and a USB C battery to the camera? Searched around, but didn't see any solutions. I don't even know if USB C protocol could handle both with a USB C 2 to 1 splitter.

    I would love to get all day battery life with the 20100 mAh anker battery: https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCo...ds=anker+usb+c

    Maybe I need to look into powering the camera with its dedicated 12v port, but I have no idea what hooks up to that. I am not even sure what that connector is for 12v.

    Please correct me if I am wrong! Just looking to get the best storage and long lasting battery life combo for the best price! I would love to hear your guys ideas! Its still early but its fun to plan for the arrival. Haha.
    I've looked but there really isn't much of a purpose in it because it can only charge the camera when the device is off.
     

  7. #1037  
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Cluj, Romania
    Posts
    58
    Something tells me Dslr style battery grips will be available from third partys shortly after sales of the camera begin. Maybe even a grip with baterry and ssd holder.
     

  8. #1038  
    Senior Member Frank Glencairn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,912
    I still don't get it.

    Why would you rig an external battery, when dropping in a fresh one takes under 20 seconds?
    What is the problem with that?
     

  9. #1039  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Glencairn View Post
    I still don't get it.

    Why would you rig an external battery, when dropping in a fresh one takes under 20 seconds?
    What is the problem with that?
    +1


    As for the mojo, I am very curious to see some footage...my prediction is a camera look very similar to the Panasonic EVA.
     

  10. #1040  
    Senior Member Michael Sandiford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Between Arizona and Hereoford
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.stefani View Post
    +1


    As for the mojo, I am very curious to see some footage...my prediction is a camera look very similar to the Panasonic EVA.
    I hope not. I'm more impressed with the footage out of the kinefinity terra 4k than the EVA. In fact i'm disappointed with the EVA.
     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-13-2016, 09:31 PM
  2. Want To Buy: Blackmagic Pocket AND Cinema Camera
    By AntonioPantoja in forum For Sale / Want to Buy
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-29-2016, 04:44 AM
  3. WTB: Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera (UK/EU)
    By Atmoelan in forum For Sale / Want to Buy
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-11-2014, 01:27 AM
  4. Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera + Wooden Camera Cage + 5 batteries
    By Ryan Lightbourn in forum For Sale / Want to Buy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-22-2014, 11:28 AM
  5. Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera First Look
    By sfpuk in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-12-2013, 05:39 PM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •