Thread: Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 4K Camera

Page 131 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1386
    Michael, I am with you. If you want a rigged up camera, then get the Ursa Mini. For me, the advantages of the new Pocket, is keeping it small and simple. A half cage at most, maybe not even that...
    But, the beauty of thr BM csmeras, is you can rig them as much as you want or need, or use them as is — the choice is yours. For me, I like to keep it simple, especially for fast moving event coverage.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Denny Smith; 08-09-2018 at 08:26 PM.

If you want a rigged up camera, get the UMP. If you want a small camera, get the P4K. If you want a camera that can do both, only the P4K can do that. Nobody is saying a rigged-up P4K has to always remained rigged up. Options are good. Plus even rigged-up, a P4K is going to likely cost a lot less than an UMP.

Quote Originally Posted by tyger11 View Post
    If you want a rigged up camera, get the UMP. If you want a small camera, get the P4K. If you want a camera that can do both, only the P4K can do that. Nobody is saying a rigged-up P4K has to always remained rigged up. Options are good. Plus even rigged-up, a P4K is going to likely cost a lot less than an UMP.
    Thank you. People shouldn't be telling us how to use our Pockets. We can add and subtract as we please. And a Pocket 4K with an external battery solution and a USB C SSD is still a fraction of the weight and size of a UMP. Now if someone is willing to send me a check so I can get both we will definitely talk.

I tried this with the Micro Studio 4K, adding rails, external large battery, and a PixE recorder/Monitor. Total cost, $3200 not including the rails or filters. A Ursa Broadcast $3400, or about $300 more, and it includes the filters. Total cost of Ursa Broadcast in similar kit, $4K, with the PL mount and top handle added.

Size wise, both use the same 12-inch rails under them, so length is about the same, Ursa Broadcasts is a little taller and wider, and about 2X the weight.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Denny Smith; 08-10-2018 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Smith View Post
    I tried this with the. I ro Studio 4K, adding rails, external large battery, and a PixE recorder/Monitor. Total cost, $3200 not including the rails or filters. A Ursa Broadcast $3400, or about $300 more, and it includes the filters. Total cost of Ursa Broadcast in similar kit, $4K, with the PL mount and top handle added.

Size wise, both use the same 12-inch rails under them, so length is about the same, Ursa Broadcasts is a little taller and wider, and about 2X the weight.
    You don't need rails to add an external SSD and power supply to the Pocket 4k. External battery pack for 4hrs and 1 TB USB C storage solution are less than $600 TOTAL. Full ready to shoot package sans lens should be $2,000 tops and way lighter than URSA. You have to read the thread man. Plenty of deals and solutions have been posted. I'm pretty grateful everyone is doing the leg work for me.

Also you have to consider you will be spending the same or more for power and storage no matter what other camera you choose in this category. Your math is just all wrong. And as has been noted the pocket also has the strip down mode option. I am planning on getting a gimbal eventually and your logic just doesn't work in that scenario.

Michael, I am with you. If you want a rigged up camera, then get the Ursa Mini.
    The Ursa Mini 4K is closest in price to a rigged up Pocket 4K, but the Pocket 4K still has the better sensor, better dynamic range, far superior low light capabilities, and a cheaper price tag (even fully rigged).

If BM ever put the pocket 4K sensor in an UMP body for $3K-ish I'd agree. Buy that instead. But that doesn't exist yet.

Yes, I was just showing the alternative, anything is possible. If BM out the new Pocket 4K sensor in a UM Pro body, it would be closer to $3500, or $4K, and yes, I would consider it also.
    Cheers

Yes, I was just showing the alternative, anything is possible. If BM out the new Pocket 4K sensor in a UM Pro body, it would be closer to $3500, or $4K, and yes, I would consider it also.
    Cheers
    Aw mate, you didn't watch my affordable support gear video... Could have built a similar rig for $11.
    The extra benefit of the Pocket 4K is that... it can tape all your butt cheeks together.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Quote Originally Posted by DPStewart View Post
    Aw mate, you didn't watch my affordable support gear video... Could have built a similar rig for $11.
    The extra benefit of the Pocket 4K is that... it can tape all your butt cheeks together.
    exactly, lol.

Also a big part of rigging up the micro 4K is that it didn't record so you had to use a monitor that records, ursa broadcast is a better solution than rigged micro, but different scenario than pocket 4K. I'd still like to see either a micro 4K with the new sensor for a box solution, and or ursa micro with MFT sensor and this chip. (Assuming IQ meets expectations)