Thread: Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 4K Camera

Page 74 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Mulder View Post
    Let's hope not. The skintones in the kinefinity are as yellow as my canary! Colours in GH5s are very natural, but image has a digital look to it and have internal sharpening done by the camera if I'm informed right. BM says its their 4.0 colour science so you can trust them is will look very 'filmic' like all of their cinema camera's do.
    You can dial it down all the way, effectively turning it off. Some sharpening may occur when used with native m43 lenses, as all of them are in camera corrected, and afaik you can't turn it off. It also varies from lens to lens, in some cases it's hardly visible, in others it may be slightly more noticeable. That's why you usually use legacy/adapted lenses if you want the most filmic output possible out of GH cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by yakubeshi View Post
    You can dial it down all the way, effectively turning it off. Some sharpening may occur when used with native m43 lenses, as all of them are in camera corrected, and afaik you can't turn it off. It also varies from lens to lens, in some cases it's hardly visible, in others it may be slightly more noticeable. That's why you usually use legacy/adapted lenses if you want the most filmic output possible out of GH cameras.
    Yes, we have both Panasonic lenses, which we use for 5 axis IS work, and speed booster adapted Canon FD lenses which look much better for work not requiring GH5 five axis stabilization
    Last edited by Philip Lipetz; 04-11-2018 at 04:35 AM.

An issue with the camera test pictures is that they're all at least one stop overexposed and clipping highlights:

scope-1.3.2.JPG
    scope-1.4.1.JPG
    scope-1.4.2.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by paragram View Post
    An issue with the camera test pictures is that they're all at least one stop overexposed and clipping highlights:

It's an engineering sample. It's not even remotely time to worry about stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by tyger11 View Post
    It's an engineering sample. It's not even remotely time to worry about stuff like that.
    I didn't say that it's an issue of the camera, but of the test pictures. (I.e. operator error.) These pictures don't really help us evaluate the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by paragram View Post
    I didn't say that it's an issue of the camera, but of the test pictures. (I.e. operator error.) These pictures don't really help us evaluate the camera.
    Fair enough. Waveforms on the camera would be nice, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Mulder View Post
    Let's hope not. The skintones in the kinefinity are as yellow as my canary!
    You sure you haven't just been watching Philip Bloom's test footage? His grading sucks and always has a stingy yellow tint in the shadows - Regardless of camera.

The kinefinity, GH5S and now the pocket 4k use the same sensor. The kinefinity Terra looks jaw dropping as reviewed here. https://youtu.be/-zwYfl0kBko

I have high hopes for the pocket 4k and that Terra review has left me wondering just how much panasoinc intentionally handicapped the GH5s which still looks great and of course is a much smaller form than the Terra but to me there's quite the difference.

im pretty sure i read or heard somewhere that this sensor is one that hasnt been used yet in other existing cameras?? I think the Terra image is amazing minus the LPF issue.

I find it interesting that the not once does the kinefinity review mention sensor size, just shows beautiful footage.