Thread: Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 4K Camera

Page 73 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DPStewart View Post
    Your hypothesis is reasonable. Sure would be wonderful if they add that to the firmware at some point.

If, as people say here, this camera has the same sensor of the GH5s it's the same of the terra 4k which in fact it has an open gate mode for an "almost" 4:3 (1.42 instead of 1.33) and a 12MP resolution.
    And a pretty important depth of field.
    Lets' just hope that motion rendering and color science are as good as the T4k and not like the GH5s. I'm pretty confident in the BMC color science culture, motion rendering, better in the old cameras than the new.
    BUT, I mean, for one thousand dollars, if delivered on time, it's mind-blowing. This little gadget is already way ahead than the Red1MX on which many commercial features were shot.
    I bet that with a decent glass, this little toy will impress.
    Ciao
    M

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Chiasson View Post
    I think it'd be better if they swapped the vents, and put the mics there, and the vents where the mics are. That way, they're out of way of operation, and further away from hand operation.
    I'm guessing they'll get right on that

Quote Originally Posted by tikklemedia View Post
    If, as people say here, this camera has the same sensor of the GH5s it's the same of the terra 4k which in fact it has an open gate mode for an "almost" 4:3 (1.42 instead of 1.33) and a 12MP resolution.
    And a pretty important depth of field.
    Lets' just hope that motion rendering and color science are as good as the T4k and not like the GH5s. I'm pretty confident in the BMC color science culture, motion rendering, better in the old cameras than the new.
    BUT, I mean, for one thousand dollars, if delivered on time, it's mind-blowing. This little gadget is already way ahead than the Red1MX on which many commercial features were shot.
    I bet that with a decent glass, this little toy will impress.
    Ciao
    M
    I'm not that keen on Kinefinity colour science. Why follow when you can lead? I'm sure Kinefinity is exploring other manufacturer's colour science BMD included when they come up with their own. I just not keen on the way the Terra 4k clips highlight despite their 14 stop claim.

Pretty spiffy little camera based on specs. Tempting as a B-cam, for sure if the IQ holds up. Dual ISO stuff is neat, again if it looks good.
    The DR isn't inspiring, but if they get the color anywhere near what the BMPC 4k or the Ursa Mini 4k does then it's probably a fair trade off. Even so I'd probably wait til they made a Micro version of it.

Quote Originally Posted by misterkofa View Post
    Damn now that the pocket 2 is announced, I have nothing else to look forward to in life.
    I'd feel the same way, but I'm naively waiting to see what the mirrorless camera from Nikon will turn out to be...
    And then there is the possibility of a GH5s like camera with IBIS...
    So many great choices.

I'll looking at the button layout of the grip on the Pocket 4K and I'm wondering if it might be indicative of how BMD might decide to iterate on the handle of the Ursa Mini Pro in whatever the successor to that will be called.

Anyone else get the NAB news e-mail from Grant Petty? I noticed it had this picture:

unnamed.jpg

I thought it might have been an error in the picture, but underneath, it also says the price is US$1,349 in text. Weird.

Just tried a quick grade with Hook's LUT - Still work a treat

White balance > Hook's LUT >tweaks to saturation > Neat video:

Untitled00.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Woop View Post
    Just tried a quick grade with Hook's LUT - Still work a treat

White balance > Hook's LUT >tweaks to saturation > Neat video:
    I'd love to see someone adapt Fuji's Eterna film simulation to this camera. And Acros.

Quote Originally Posted by tikklemedia View Post
    ...Lets' just hope that motion rendering and color science are as good as the T4k and not like the GH5s.
    M
    Let's hope not. The skintones in the kinefinity are as yellow as my canary! Colours in GH5s are very natural, but image has a digital look to it and have internal sharpening done by the camera if I'm informed right. BM says its their 4.0 colour science so you can trust them is will look very 'filmic' like all of their cinema camera's do.