Thread: Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 4K Camera

Page 63 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast
    Yes, but the 4K DCI mode on both cameras uses about the same full sensor width and should be close to the same gate size, for a SB test on sensor coverage.
    Cheers

Can someone explain to me what this dual ISO thing is? It's not something I've ever come across.

Quote Originally Posted by W.D. Stevens View Post
    Can someone explain to me what this dual ISO thing is? It's not something I've ever come across.
    https://www.newsshooter.com/2014/11/...do-they-do-it/

Quote Originally Posted by josephl View Post
    (....)
    It's hard not to love this camera after you touch it but I will say battery life is concern and I still want to see some footage.
    I was a bit disappointed too when I saw the leaked images and still the word "Pocket" in the name. But the features made up for it!

Battery life: on the BMD website it says 60 minutes. I think that's pretty good compared to the first generation BMPCC. I have two brande new batteries, and I can squeeze about 20-25 minutes out of them. The third (an original BMD battery) is hit or miss. Some times it gives me 5 minutes, other times 15-20 minutes. And they all take soooooo long to charge!

Give me that LP-E6 any day! I have two for my DSLR already!

It's awesome it's packing all this for that price!
    A great update to the Pocket (but not so "pockety" anymore; not a complain, but they should've chosen another name) or a hybrid between Pocket and original BMCC. That's pretty cool.

It's ok to have an option for anyone buuuut, I really prefer the possibilities the Micro opened a few years ago. Also, it seems more future proof (for rigs, etc). I hope they don't abandon that route and next year we'll see an update with all these specs.
    I prefer my camera to be completly modular or just jump to a full system like the URSA Mini Pro. Not something in between, even if it's as cool as this.

Also, they should chop prices on original Pocket or Micro. There's no way they cost only 300$ less than this.
    Maybe in September, when they'll realease this one.

No footage yet?
    Last edited by Mr.Floppy; 04-10-2018 at 01:56 AM.

I forgot who said it earlier, but it's way more a merge of the original 2.5k with the pocket then anything else. Maybe why the pocket 4k...

Quote Originally Posted by gj91 View Post
    I forgot who said it earlier, but it's way more a merge of the original 2.5k with the pocket then anything else. Maybe why the pocket 4k...
    As far as I can make out the new 4k Pocket is about the same size IN VOLUME as the BMCC. It's just a little shorter but looks a little wider.

I don't think it's really a "Pocket V2" at all. It's really more like a BMPC4k V2". This is in line with what most folks who are good with tech were saying about a "4k Pocket" camera not really being possible... yet. And although we don't have a weight spec yet, it's not going to be light like the BMPCC either, so it probably won't fly on a single-handle gimbal unless it has a high maximum payload like the Crane 2 at 7lbs. max or the new IKAN angled-arm gimbal at 8lbs max.
    So unfortunately this may not be able to replace our Pocket cameras in their work environment the way we've been using them. Looks like some new support gear will be in order.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

We certainly canít take the word Pocket as literal as we did before. Itís closer to the BMCC size than the Pocketís. It seems more like they branded an Ursa Micro with their best selling camera brand.

Still, I personally didnít care for the original BMPCC size, I cared more about the amazing IQ for such a ridiculously cheap price. The BMPCC4K is more my preferred size for a small camera, and it maintains the best aspects of the original BMPCC, 13 Stops of DR & the ridiculously cheap price

Quote Originally Posted by DPStewart View Post
    And although we don't have a weight spec yet, it's not going to be light like the BMPCC either, so it probably won't fly on a single-handle gimbal unless it has a high maximum payload like the Crane 2 at 7lbs. max or the new IKAN angled-arm gimbal at 8lbs max.
    You've probably heard about this new polycarbon composite material the production camera is supposedly to be made of. We can only guess, but I suspect that the camera will only be slightly heavier than the original BMPCC.

But I agree that it looks like a shrinked BMCC, especially when looking from the rear left view.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Still, I personally didn’t care for the original BMPCC size, I cared more about the amazing IQ for such a ridiculously cheap price. The BMPCC4K is more my preferred size for a small camera, and it maintains the best aspects of the original BMPCC, 13 Stops of DR & the ridiculously cheap price
    I agree. I bouht the original BMPCC mainly for the low price, the high dynamic range and RAW recording capabilities. Didn't care about the size.
    https://guerillafilmsoldier.wordpress.com/

Camera
    Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera
    Zenit Meteor 5-1 f/1.9 17-69mm
    LOMO 16 OKS 3-10-1 f/2.1 10 mm
    Krasnogorsk-3 pistol grip with telescopic shoulder stock
    Fancier FC-270A Tripod with FC-02H Fluid Head

Workstation
    Windows 10 Pro
    Resolve 12.5.4.019
    ASUS X99-A
    Intel Core i7 5820K 3.3 GHz 15MB
    16GB RAM Corsair DDR4 2133MHz CL13 Vengeance
    ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual OC 3GB
    Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD
    Seagate Desktop 2TB HDD

Battery life is also my main concern. Factoring in the rather generous claims about the pocket battery times, an hour doesn't sound good.

The USB expansion port might rescue this - plenty of small, cheap options that could be attached, assuming they will work.