Thread: Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 4K Camera

Page 60 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Myownfriend View Post
    Wait, I thought the Native ISOs of the GH5s were 400 and 2500 while the new Pocket's ISOs are 400 and 3200. I kind of thought that had to be specific to the sensor design and not something that BMD could choose. Am I wrong about that?

Edit: tyger11 in with the correction.
    The GH5s has two different sets of gain values depending on whether you're recording in Vlog or not.

Based on the dynamic range vs iso chart shown about ten pages ago, there are two native ranges. 200-800 and 1600-6400, within those ranges the curve moves with the higher iso's protecting highlights better, more equal over/under range. So I would think best practice would be to consider the native 800 and 6400 but testing will have to wait until samples are in the wild.

Quote Originally Posted by dop16mm View Post
    Based on the dynamic range vs iso chart shown about ten pages ago, there are two native ranges. 200-800 and 1600-6400, within those ranges the curve moves with the higher iso's protecting highlights better, more equal over/under range. So I would think best practice would be to consider the native 800 and 6400 but testing will have to wait until samples are in the wild.
    That exactly what I had assumed based on that chart but that BMD representative said otherwise. Granted he did sound like he was fumbling through things but he seemed confident enough when he said 400 and 3200.

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Smith View Post
    Sorry DP, but the new Pocket has the same 18.96x10mm sensor on the GH5S, and the MFT .64 Speed Booster vignettes with the Sigma APC-S Zooms on the wide end. So a BMPC SB is only going to work in the HD window mode. The 0.64 MFzt SB will only work with FF 35mm lenses, and the new MFT 0.71 SB should work with both APC-S and FF lenses. The two MFT SB were tested on the zgah5S.
    Cheers
    So you're saying that the STANDARD Nikon to MFT Speedbooster will work just fine.
    Yes, that was one of the ones I said should work.
    I have all three Speedboosters (BMCC Specific, BMPCC Specific, and Standard N-MFT) so I'd love to get my hands on a new 4k Pocket and shoot them all with both my FF lenses and my several others (Sigma 18-35mm, Samyang 10mm etc.,) that only cover APS-C.
    Then we can just know for certain and get that all out of the way.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Was playing with one at their booth. This thing is so awesome. Iíll be buying one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarlacc View Post
    Was playing with one at their booth. This thing is so awesome. I’ll be buying one.
    Did you get to see how they handle Dual Native ISO in the menus?

The most peculiar thing coming out of today's announcement is the fact the original pocket stuck around at the same price...

Would have expected a price drop to clear out remaining inventory. ( maybe we'll see this closer to September )

The pocket camera 4K has every advantage over the original pocket, other than maybe size and maybe dynamic range ( we have yet to see any sample footage for the pocket 4k. )

That's the thing I'm most curious about is how this new sensor will look. I really like the look of the Fairchild Sensors BMD has been using,
    hopefully they can translate their color science and image processing over to this new sensor and get it too look just as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolac View Post
    hopefully they can translate their color science and image processing over to this new sensor and get it too look just as good.
    They're using Gen 4 color science so it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolac View Post
    I really like the look of the Fairchild Sensors BMD has been using,
    Same. That's why I was hoping they were using the Fairchild MST4323A. Still, this should looks excellent.