Thread: Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 4K Camera

Page 116 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1386
    So why DxO test RED camera? BM cameras can output common DNG RAW frames same as many other photo cameras, so they can test them.

P.S. I use BM camera as photo camera very often.
    All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

Quote Originally Posted by shijan View Post
    BM Micro and Pocket cameras have 13 stops at native ISO 800 (2 additional stops can be recovered from shadows) it use permanent dual gain sensor technology which combines high and low gain in realtime during capture.
    BM 4.6K sensor have 14 stops at native ISO 800 (3 or more additional stops can be recovered from shadows if downscaled from 4.6K to HD) it also use permanent dual gain sensor technology which combines high and low gain in realtime during capture.
    This is why I find it a pity that we arent getting the 4.6K sensor cropped down to a smaller size, I would have been happy with a pocket that shoots 2.5k-ish with that stunning DR. Well, you can't get everything I suppose, at least we are getting better lowlight supposedly. And obviously, we will see when people get the product what the DR actually is. The GH5 and the kinefinity have both had good stuff written about them and maybe BM will be able to do some magic with the same sensor.

I feel like I get the best results from BMD DNGs by working with them in Resolve. Tried doing some work with Bolex and BMPCC DNGs in Capture One, for instance, and did not like the results. I know that some people do have Lightroom workflows, but what I guess Iím saying is that I believe you get the best from Motion RAW content by working with it differently than stills content, which would be a barrier for lots of sites.

[EDIT] Also, I would very much like to see any images that show ~17 stops of DR from the 4.6K sensor output scaled down to HD. TBH it feels like this place is a bit of a delusional echo chamber sometimes...
    Last edited by Alex.Mitchell; 06-15-2018 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex.Mitchell View Post
    I feel like I get the best results from BMD DNGs by working with them in Resolve. Tried doing some work with Bolex and BMPCC DNGs in Capture One, for instance, and did not like the results. I know that some people do have Lightroom workflows, but what I guess Iím saying is that I believe you get the best from Motion RAW content by working with it differently than stills content, which would be a barrier for lots of sites.
    I never got around to a working lightroom workflow, resolve all the way here too (though to be honest, a lot of times with prores I just use lumetri color in premiere).

I love BMD! Best overall company in the market these days imo. I use an Ursa Mini Pro at work - it is fantastic.

Im in the market to purchase my own cinema camera within the next year or so. Really looking into the Terra 4k, however, im really hoping that BMD comes out with a 4K super35 camera that can fit on my Ronin M. Anything bigger is too big for me. The Kinefinity would fit perfectly. I'm hoping to stay in the BMD family

Quote Originally Posted by jmsbf View Post
    I love BMD! Best overall company in the market these days imo. I use an Ursa Mini Pro at work - it is fantastic.

Im in the market to purchase my own cinema camera within the next year or so. Really looking into the Terra 4k, however, im really hoping that BMD comes out with a 4K super35 camera that can fit on my Ronin M. Anything bigger is too big for me. The Kinefinity would fit perfectly. I'm hoping to stay in the BMD family
    I doubt it’ll happen any time soon.

The 4.6k sensor generates too much heat: half the URSA Mini body is just a huge heatsink. So don't expect to see that in pocket size, even with a loose redefinition of "pocket". XD

No idea how RED convinced DxO to test their camera but I would guess the deal included some $$$$. We'll have to test the BMDs ourselves. Just make sure it's always a side-by-side test because numbers don't mean much unless you're using the exact same methodology.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel H View Post
    The 4.6k sensor generates too much heat: half the URSA Mini body is just a huge heatsink. So don't expect to see that in pocket size, even with a loose redefinition of "pocket". XD
    Yep.

All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

Good Lord, is the Arri alexa mini similar?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    Good Lord, is the Arri alexa mini similar?
    Sure is.
    This is just basic physics.
    Heat cannot be cheated around.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine