Thread: Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 4K Camera

Page 107 of 134 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1335
    Quote Originally Posted by tyger11 View Post
    I think they're smart by delaying, giving themselves time before releasing footage for pixel peepers to go crazy over and give a pre-release camera an undeserved bad rep.
    In that same mind set I'm thinking that they mustn't be happy about IQ yet. Sometimes a camera comes out that just smashes the current standards of things like dynamic range etc and creates even more hype. I'm really impressed with the sony A7iii's 15 stops of dynamic range and auto focus but it is a shame they don't feel like creating a competitive full frame video camera in fear of drawing sales away from their cinema line.

Quote Originally Posted by tyger11 View Post
    I think they're smart by delaying, giving themselves time before releasing footage for pixel peepers to go crazy over and give a pre-release camera an undeserved bad rep.
    I saw a thread on another forum that does just this with the “stolen” shot from the floor at NAB. Pretty funny to see the hand wringing over the perceived shortcomings from a shot that was hastily grabbed without permission from a camera that’s not yet finished by someone that doesn’t know how to use a camera.

JB

Quote Originally Posted by John Brawley View Post
    I saw a thread on another forum that does just this with the “stolen” shot from the floor at NAB. Pretty funny to see the hand wringing over the perceived shortcomings from a shot that was hastily grabbed without permission from a camera that’s not yet finished by someone that doesn’t know how to use a camera.

JB
    And in some cases they're judging a still from the video that was badly graded after Jpeg compression and then compressed again.

Quote Originally Posted by robc View Post
    Event coverage and documentary coverage. I use multiple cameras on my shoots all the time as a one man band. This camera wouldn't be my A camera, more like a set it and forget it angle.
    When we do concerts, we are on AC anyway, not using batteries.
    I don't know what kind of documentaries you do, but my average take/shot length is usually not longer than the length I have for narrative.
    It takes way longer to change the lens, or move the camera, than dropping in a new battery. So there is always a ton of time, between takes.

And most of all, what's the whole point of a POCKET camera, when you rig it up like a Christmas tree, so that it is anything but "pocket" anymore?
    Then you could use an Ursa Mini instead as well, with way less hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Glencairn View Post
    When we do concerts, we are on AC anyway, not using batteries.
    I don't know what kind of documentaries you do, but my average take/shot length is usually not longer than the length I have for narrative.
    It takes way longer to change the lens, or move the camera, than dropping in a new battery. So there is always a ton of time, between takes.

And most of all, what's the whole point of a POCKET camera, when you rig it up like a Christmas tree, so that it is anything but "pocket" anymore?
    Then you could use an Ursa Mini instead as well, with way less hassle.
    As I think we’ve established elsewhere, there’s room for more than one approach to battery run-time. Just because you’re content with the current LP-E6 run-time doesn’t mean everyone else has to be, and accessory makers will step up to meet shooters needs. Why that has to offend your precious sensibilities is honestly beyond me at this point. Live and let live Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by John Brawley View Post

JB
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Alex.Mitchell View Post
    As I think we’ve established elsewhere, there’s room for more than one approach to battery run-time. Just because you’re content with the current LP-E6 run-time doesn’t mean everyone else has to be, and accessory makers will step up to meet shooters needs. Why that has to offend your precious sensibilities is honestly beyond me at this point. Live and let live Frank.
    I just don't understand why so many want a battery grip. That makes all the sense in the world for a stills camera but I'd imagine there has to be a solution that's more practical for a video camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    In that same mind set I'm thinking that they mustn't be happy about IQ yet. Sometimes a camera comes out that just smashes the current standards of things like dynamic range etc and creates even more hype. I'm really impressed with the sony A7iii's 15 stops of dynamic range and auto focus but it is a shame they don't feel like creating a competitive full frame video camera in fear of drawing sales away from their cinema line.
    Not happy yet with a pre-production camera, you don't say.

Quote Originally Posted by Myownfriend View Post
    I just don't understand why so many want a battery grip. That makes all the sense in the world for a stills camera but I'd imagine there has to be a solution that's more practical for a video camera.
    Because the camera form factor is somewhat like a DSLR (although arguably) and that it makes more for a cleaner form factor having a battery grip that fits seamlessly with the body that a franken-rig of batteries and wires dangling around. That's my preference although you might have yours. If you want an external battery mounted on some cage, that's fine and you can still do that. Let's give folks the option.

Quote Originally Posted by EYu View Post
    Because the camera form factor is somewhat like a DSLR (although arguably) and that it makes more for a cleaner form factor having a battery grip that fits seamlessly with the body that a franken-rig of batteries and wires dangling around. That's my preference although you might have yours. If you want an external battery mounted on some cage, that's fine and you can still do that. Let's give folks the option.
    I'm not saying you shouldn't have the option, I'm just saying the idea of a battery grip makes sense for DSLRs because you might shoot with portrait orientation. That isn't the case with a video camera where you'll be shooting landscape all the time so having a grip there wouldn't make sense. I was just wondering if there's some form factor that makes more sense with video. It might not sound like much of a difference but maybe something without the grip and instead with some v-mount-esque power outputs so that someone can power a monitor off of it.