Thread: Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 4K Camera

Page 112 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1329
    Since neither product is out yet, so this is going to kind of hard to work out, and verify with any hands on actual experience. Otherwise, any good lens on the wide side of 25mm should work. The Ronin maynuse Bluetooth support and the PC4K is listed as having Bluetooth support, but if the two can actually communicate is yet to be seen, or verified.

The camera is not continuous autofocus, so some kind of remote focus will be needed, if you are going to change focus while filming. The new PC4K also does not support Lanc Remote protocol (no Lanc connection), so if the Ronin-S uses Lanc for remote control, this is a non-starter also.
    Last edited by Denny Smith; 05-29-2018 at 05:18 PM.

Can anyone tell me the recorded file sizes between raw, prores and say the GH5s recording 10 bit 422 long gop with them all shooting the same scene with the same settings for 4k video at 30p and 60p? I am trying to get an idea on how much memory space is needed between the three. Maybe even throw in the GH5S shooting 4k 10 bit 422 All-I 400mbs.
    Last edited by gary; 05-29-2018 at 03:58 PM.

The Ronin thumb adjuster calls itself "wireless." The pocket says it has "Bluetooth."

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Smith View Post
    Since neither product is out yet, so this is going to kind of hard to work out, and verify with any hands on actual experience. Otherwise, any good lens on the wide side of 25mm should work. The Ronin maynuse Bluetooth support and the PC4K is listed as having Bluetooth support, but if the two can actually communicate is yet to be seen, or verified.

The camera is not continuous autofocus, so some kind of remote focus will be needed, if you are going to change focus while filming. The new PC4K also does not support Lanc Remote protocol (no Lanc connection), so if the Ronin-S uses Lanc for remote control, this is a non-starter also.
    The Ronin s offers a 300 dollar follow focus unit for the gimbal, I doubt it'd directly link.

I'm still kind of bummed that the pocket 4k isn't planned for a flip out monitor. Having the flip out screen makes it much easier to rig it up on a shoulder mount and still easily access menu commands not to mention the benefits when not using an external monitor.

So where are the footage from this camera? Isn't it time to see what kind of IQ we can get from it?

EXT. NIGHT - BM HEADQUARTERS
    An ANGRY MOB of pitchfork and torch wielding peasants descend upon BM headquarters.

ANGRY MOB
    Footage! Footage! Footage!

Quote Originally Posted by joe12south View Post
    An ANGRY MOB of pitchfork and torch wielding peasants descend upon BM headquarters.

ANGRY MOB
    Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by joe12south View Post

ANGRY MOB
    LOL !

Man, I can't wait for the next few months to pass and have these babies out in numbers.

I'm really excited to seeing some footage ! Some 24P goodness with 180 shutter would make my day big time !
    Pocket 4K "Chaplin".

I had a chance to play with the 4K Pocket at Cinegear yesterday. Itís solidly built and lightweight. The menu is a joy to use. Hereís some information I have not seen posted elsewhere Ė AUTOFOCUS: When you press the focus button, a square appears in the center of the frame and the camera will autofocus on whatever is in the square. Thatís it. There is no continuous autofocus. EXPOSURE: Similar to autofocus Ė when you press the exposure button, the camera will set the exposure for the scene and thatís it. The exposure is locked and will not change until you press the button again, or manually adjust the iris. Captain Hook from Blackmagic was present and I asked him if continuous exposure and continuous autofocus could be implemented in the future. He said both were possibilities they would look at, but he couldnít give a definite yes or no. I also mentioned that a lot of people in the forum were asking for a waveform monitor. He said a waveform monitor is very computational intensive. He didnít rule it out, but the feeling I got was, probably not.
    Last edited by Ralph B; 06-03-2018 at 10:37 AM.