Thread: Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 4K Camera

Page 108 of 117 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1167
    With a built in 5-inch HD monitor, I do not think another external monitor is really needed, a EVF perhaps, but a monitor ? Maybe if using it on a boom pole or gimbal, where the rear Monitor is not useable.
    Cheers

An external monitor can almost always be of use. There's been a few times where I had to put my Pocket in the corner or against a wall to get a shot and having an external monitors was essential to me being able to monitor the shot. Having an external monitor facing the set is also helpful when setting up lights. Saves a lot of time and energy compared to running back behind the camera to check things. I've also used them so that the actor can feel out how much they can move within the frame while I'm doing something else.

I'd agree with that. When I first used the BMCC, I didn't have a monitor and it made it very difficult when I wanted a high shot or in a tight space backed against a wall. So when it actually came time to buy one of my own, I had no problem with the BMMCC's lack of one because I knew I'd be getting one anyway. And you're certainly right about the actor issue, especially in close-ups. Before the monitor, I'd take a quick sample shot and get them to come around and have a look. Now, you can just flip your monitor around and they don't have to move off their mark.

Also, a moveable Monitor good for low shots too. So yes, a second monitor that can be set at different angles or tethered is good to have, for those moments when the back Monitor is not useable. A Focus puller needs an off-axis Monitor also, if you are shooting in a semi or rigged setup on sticks.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    In that same mind set I'm thinking that they mustn't be happy about IQ yet. Sometimes a camera comes out that just smashes the current standards of things like dynamic range etc and creates even more hype. I'm really impressed with the sony A7iii's 15 stops of dynamic range and auto focus but it is a shame they don't feel like creating a competitive full frame video camera in fear of drawing sales away from their cinema line.
    Where did you read the A7iii has 15 stops of DR? I'm assuming thats stills?

I read an article saying the GH5s has 14.6 in video recording tests using Hyper Log Gamma mode but not sure how this equates to real world shooting.

On B and H/ videos and reviews. I'm not sure if that translates over to video now that you mention it, I'll have to look a bit deeper.

Although not very technical it does appear to hold more highlights than the GH5 from this person's video. https://youtu.be/M9HRchTW_AU

Gathered some data on the URSA Mini 4K and the BMPCC4K features and did a side-by-side comparison just to get a basic grounding for the camera while waiting for footage from the BMPCC4K. My personal opinion is that it's worth just waiting for the BMPCC4K.

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Agvdi7GDhv1_hMNvAYXmcqQKf7mOqg

Quote Originally Posted by EYu View Post
    Gathered some data on the URSA Mini 4K and the BMPCC4K features and did a side-by-side comparison just to get a basic grounding for the camera while waiting for footage from the BMPCC4K. My personal opinion is that it's worth just waiting for the BMPCC4K.

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Agvdi7GDhv1_hMNvAYXmcqQKf7mOqg
    Should add the speedbooster price into the comparison since it effects some of the stats. There's always the option not to use it which is nice.

Should add the speedbooster price into the comparison since it effects some of the stats. There's always the option not to use it which is nice.
    Thanks for the suggestion. That's a good point. I'll update it. For those who care to know right now, just add $695USD to the BMPCC4K price (MFT to EF). It still comes out cheaper than the URSA Mini 4K or even the GH5s.

Although not very technical it does appear to hold more highlights than the GH5 from this person's video. https://youtu.be/M9HRchTW_AU
    I found this to be true from my own experience when I moved from a GH4 to the Sony A7Sii. I've read that Panasonic has given V-Log L a very abrupt highlight rolloff curve (hence the lite naming?) to differentiate it from full V-Log on the EVA-1 and Varicams.