Thread: Davinci Resolve 14 problems

1. #1 Davinci Resolve 14 problems 
    Hello,

- Sometimes when I am grading and I am changing colors, NR or anything that affects the image. The preview does not work anymore, when I change to some other clips or close resolve or open it again. It works again.
    - Also when I am editing, sometimes one clip cannot be moved anymore, it is stuck. Closing resolve and opening again fixes it, but it is very annoying.

These are probably bugs?

i have five Resolve workstations, have never seen either of those issues on any machine, or any workflow

i'd look at your install and try to keep an eye on taskmanager / activity monitor to see if anything is noticable off there when this happens

What kind of computer are you running Resolve on? Sounds like Resolve may be pushing it to its limits.
    Might check to make sure your bios, motherboard drivers, and GPU driver are all up to date too.
    Compute intensive tools like noise reduction can slow a marginal computer to a near halt.
    I am running Resolve on a 2.9GHz i7 quad core laptop with 16GB ram and a 3GB Nvidia GTX970 GPU. Applying Neat Video noise reduction to a clip will drop it from real time 24fps 2k raw playback to around 2 frames per second. Applying multiple grading nodes can slow response to color changes too. Grading 4k video or highly compressed video formats takes even more computing power and make issues like this worse.

I have this happen now and then. It's a bug. I do what you do and restart Resolve to get the viewer to update again. 15 should be out next week. Maybe that will fix it

maybe nvidia drivers -or- desktop video version?

never seen this, my machines are w10 / dual zeon's / dual gpu with all w10 updates, drivers & desktop video updates in place

would not count on a new beta xx.0.1 fixing much of anything, more like breaking things randomly

Quote Originally Posted by dermot shane View Post
    maybe nvidia drivers -or- desktop video version?

never seen this, my machines are w10 / dual zeon's / dual gpu with all w10 updates, drivers & desktop video updates in place

would not count on a new beta xx.0.1 fixing much of anything, more like breaking things randomly
    Nice to have that kind iron behind Resolve. I consider my i7 the absolute barebones minimum to run it with decent efficiency for 2k/HD.
    It's been awhile since i looked, but isn't there a utility menu in Resolve to allocate system resources. There is for Neat Video NR for sure.
    Need to reserve at least some resources for general OS functions or you can lock it up.