Thread: Pre-orders for micro camera closing 31 March 2018

1. #1 Pre-orders for micro camera closing 31 March 2018 
    This is a reminder that the new, awesome One Little Remote V4 can be pre-ordered up until 31 March 2018

Works with lanc devices and URSA Mini Handle, fits any cage with small footprint d-sub connector, 80m (200ft) ble wireless.

http://onelittlegoat.com/online-shop...806/category=0

OLR4_and_bmmcc.jpg

Box looks really slick, congrats, however that ribbon cable setup is busted and genlock should be a simple BNC. What's the point of having a breakout that needs yet another adapter? Everything else is super cool, it's difficult to be critical on the internet without coming across as a dbag.

Good Luck

Fair enough point. Basically the BNC wouldn't fit nicely in the box and having it not there allows the device to be slid easily into the handle sheath I'm making. Most people just use the DC and lanc ports but I wanted to leave the option for genlock and video.

Yes, I liked the original ver 2 DB 15 connection cable, much more secure and not as delicate. As for the BNC, a Micro DIB BNC would fit (same as used on the icro Studio camera). You could eliminate the analog video connection, that is more for drones anyway.
    Cheers

The problem with the DB cable is they are too stiff for a gimbal and requires custom cables because not all DB cables (VGA) are wired straight through. Some manufacturers group the middle pins together as a single ground which is not good, especially considering the 12v input is one of those wires. The IDC connector at the back of the V4 was selected because it's pins are nice and rigid, much more so than a DB connector, and the cable is very secure. The cable I use is a 12mm wide ribbon cable with 28AWG wire internally with a black PVC coating so it gives a nice mix of strength and flexibility. For people who want a round cable I can split the strands and insert into a black sleeve.

I really like this. I wished they have one for the URSA 4K. But that's probably wishful thinking on my part since the URSA does not have a programmable DB port.

7. #7 URSA Mini Pro Bluetooth 
    The URSA Mini Pro (but not the regular URSA) has Bluetooth capabilities so in theory I should be able to program the remote to send URSA commands but BM aren't providing any sort of developer documentation. If I can get my hands on one I might be able to sort it.

Quote Originally Posted by EYu View Post
    I really like this. I wished they have one for the URSA 4K. But that's probably wishful thinking on my part since the URSA does not have a programmable DB port.