Thread: Shark slider s1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Shark slider s1 
    Hey guys,

I'm looking for a slider that allows for very smooth and slow camera movements with the Ursa Mini. Any idea if the ifootage shark slider s1 would do the trick?

Thanks

I like mine. Recently shot this with the shark slider:
    https://vimeo.com/256632272

Very nice Wyatt! Did you add extra smoothness by shooting at higher fps or was this all done by the slider?

Get one with a flywheel. HUGE difference.

I think the newer Shark Slider is the one with the flywheel built under the trolley - this is the best configuration yet.

The flywheel makes such a huge improvement in the feel of the motion. Plus, it prevents a lot of re-takes because your slide wasn;t as smooth as you wanted it ti be.

EDIT: It's the Cinevate Duzi 4 that has the integral flywheel:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ider_4_32.html
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Thanks Dane. The cinevate is not as easy to get in my country as the iFootage Shark. Any idea how both these sliders compare when it comes to smooth slow shots on heavy cameras as the ursa mini?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by david evans View Post
    Thanks Dane. The cinevate is not as easy to get in my country as the iFootage Shark. Any idea how both these sliders compare when it comes to smooth slow shots on heavy cameras as the ursa mini?

Thanks
    Structurally they are really similar and I would expect nearly identical results from them.
    A couple of points to consider:
    1. - Avoid the sliders that have extension rod options and buy as long a base as you can. The extender rods are not totally "bump free" when the trolley crosses them. It's better or worse depending on the copy you get. I avoid them.
    2. - The both use a flywheel, but the new Cinivate Duzi really hit the mark by putting the flywheel under the trolley because you don't lose any inches of slide on one end accommodating for the wheel.. and it keeps the bulk of the weight WITH the camera base, which I find generally keeps things more stable when performing the slide.

I've been renting the Duzi 4 too many times now... I should have bought instead. Maybe going to do that next month, but I have a full Dana Dolly budgeted for this summer so maybe not. Hmmm...
    Really like that Duzi 4 slider..
    The Shark Slider with the Flywheel is still really really nice though. In no way would you regret getting one.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,

Quote Originally Posted by DPStewart View Post
    Structurally they are really similar and I would expect nearly identical results from them.
    A couple of points to consider:
    1. - Avoid the sliders that have extension rod options and buy as long a base as you can. The extender rods are not totally "bump free" when the trolley crosses them. It's better or worse depending on the copy you get. I avoid them.
    2. - The both use a flywheel, but the new Cinivate Duzi really hit the mark by putting the flywheel under the trolley because you don't lose any inches of slide on one end accommodating for the wheel.. and it keeps the bulk of the weight WITH the camera base, which I find generally keeps things more stable when performing the slide.

I've been renting the Duzi 4 too many times now... I should have bought instead. Maybe going to do that next month, but I have a full Dana Dolly budgeted for this summer so maybe not. Hmmm...
    Really like that Duzi 4 slider..
    The Shark Slider with the Flywheel is still really really nice though. In no way would you regret getting one.
    I may need to get rid of my Duzi 4 to make room for a motorized interview 2nd cam slider (Rhino, etc). Still researching, but do let me know if you want a VERY pristine used Duzi 4. I've used it once!

Sorry to OP for OT, PYT, TLC, and of course OPP.

And what head would you use to keep the smoothness when panning?

Quote Originally Posted by david evans View Post
    And what head would you use to keep the smoothness when panning?
    I think a pan/tilt head is all about personal taste. Something that someone loves about one head is exactly what someone else hates.
    All the famous names have great offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by DPStewart View Post
    I think a pan/tilt head is all about personal taste. Something that someone loves about one head is exactly what someone else hates.
    All the famous names have great offerings.
    Speaking of famous names.
    I watched this slider evaluation and got a little spooked.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j_rDIfyfnE
    Comments appreciated.