Thread: NAB 2018 Prediction

Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Senior Member daydreamersproductions's Avatar
    I keep seeing people posting about this Shading Panel Black Magic is making. What is this?
    Go to my site to see my current Production and Post Production Gear
    http://www.daydreamersproductions.com/

Do you mean the ATEM Camera Control Panel?

I guess but they kept referring to it on the other board as the shading panel and a search for BM shading panel led nowhere

The Shader is the guy that runs the irises in broadcast. She can be an engineer or in larger setups the video op under the EIC.

That ATEM board looks NICE!
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Quote Originally Posted by Howie Roll View Post
    The Shader is the guy that runs the irises in broadcast. She can be an engineer or in larger setups the video op under the EIC.
    Ahh

Hmmm... My prediction is a 4k RAW capable recorder and Film mode for the micro studio camera. Considering they have both working on the URSA Broadcast, and gave the micro studio the ability to output a RAW signal with nothing that can record it, this would give a micro form factor UHD cinema capable camera. It's not as nice as say a BMPCC4k, but who knows... they might merged the two into a single product as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Y. View Post
    Hmmm... My prediction is a 4k RAW capable recorder and Film mode for the micro studio camera. Considering they have both working on the URSA Broadcast, and gave the micro studio the ability to output a RAW signal with nothing that can record it, this would give a micro form factor UHD cinema capable camera. It's not as nice as say a BMPCC4k, but who knows... they might merged the two into a single product as well.
    Giving a studio camera (with its attendant limited DR compared to the cinema cams) a raw recording ability won't turn it into a cinema cam. Raw recording won't give you DR the sensor is incapable of capturing. I would imagine that's why no such recording method has been made available.

Quote Originally Posted by tyger11 View Post
    Giving a studio camera (with its attendant limited DR compared to the cinema cams) a raw recording ability won't turn it into a cinema cam. Raw recording won't give you DR the sensor is incapable of capturing. I would imagine that's why no such recording method has been made available.
    These aren't the droids you're looking for.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Quote Originally Posted by tyger11 View Post
    The DR of the micro4k is limited by the gamma curve not the sensor. You canít cram more than 10 linear stops into a rec 709 gamma curve. The broadcast cameras have about 12 stops shooting log gamma and itís the same sensor. The raw output of the micro4k should theoretically have roughly 12 stops of absolute DR. 12 bit linear allows for 12 stops of DR so this becomes the limitation in raw. You could have the Alexa sensor but if your output was limited to 12 bit linear youíd never get more than 12 stops out of it.