Thread: The Resident

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 The Resident 
    Here's a trailer for The Resident.

The majority of the shots used in this trailer are Ursa Mini 4.6K and UMP shots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=C6wO_UF7QHs

Enjoy !

JB

Awesome work!!
    www.lightformfilm.com
    https://vimeo.com/suwanchote

follow me on instagram @lightformfilm

Wow. Hell yeah!

Thanks for posting this, John.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Wow... very nice. Thank you John!

Amazing John. How anyone deny the UMP after this?

Quote Originally Posted by John Brawley View Post
    Here's a trailer for The Resident.

The majority of the shots used in this trailer are Ursa Mini 4.6K and UMP shots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=C6wO_UF7QHs

Enjoy !

JB
    Hey John - I'm a big supporter of BM and most of their gear, but have been nervous about their cameras. In your work with their cameras the skintones look natural as do skies etc. but often looking at others' BM Ursa/UMP films online, I see a really weird cyan tint in skies and a lot of magenta in skintones.

BTW I still shoot mainly with the Sony F3 which I still love and use regularly because of the good skintones but it can't be long before 4k is demanded of me and/or the camera gives out ...

Do you notice any of the above colour bias in the UM/P cameras and therefore work with a specific picture profile? What about the grading??

Thanks
    Mick

Quote Originally Posted by Afterglow View Post
    Hey John - I'm a big supporter of BM and most of their gear, but have been nervous about their cameras. In your work with their cameras the skintones look natural as do skies etc. but often looking at others' BM Ursa/UMP films online, I see a really weird cyan tint in skies and a lot of magenta in skintones.

BTW I still shoot mainly with the Sony F3 which I still love and use regularly because of the good skintones but it can't be long before 4k is demanded of me and/or the camera gives out ...

Do you notice any of the above colour bias in the UM/P cameras and therefore work with a specific picture profile? What about the grading??

Thanks
    Mick
    Mick can you try one out for yourself ? Rent one and see how your workflow suits the camera, and if your post processes can deal with their requirements.

When I see issues posted here about the camera, very often they are really about Resolve rather than the camera. Every camera has a unique look, and the main time I have issues with the look of the Blackmagic cameras is when I'm trying to match them to other cameras. On Resident, I have four Alexa bodies and three of them slightly green and are really close and one is just super green ! The Ursa's tend to be slightly more magenta in comparison. But they all sit within the realm of being "gradeable" to match.

If I wasn't encumbered with that requirement, then I think they'd fare much better !

I've seen the "cyan" sky brought up here before too, but I can't say that it's something I specifically found hard or was an issue. In that thread it really did blow up as being a huge issue though for some.

JB

Damn, the video is unavailable. Is this a region thing ?
    Pocket 4K "Chaplin".

I can't see it

This should work