Thread: Short film

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thank you for those words EYu! It means a lot. This was quite a journey and I will definitely document this and write all the pressure points (including shooting with a 3 year old girl). I think that's the beauty of forums like this. I've been on a lot of forums but I think this is the best online community of video and film enthusiasts I've ever encountered. People are here genuinely to share experiences and learn. And I think BMD allowed for a lot of filmmakers (myself included) that always took extra care with lighting and composition but always felt that our DSLRs underdelivered when we saw the final shot in the computer monitor, to finally be able to shoot with confidence. Two years ago I didn't even know what BMD was. But someone told me the Pocket was the new best thing and I decided to investigate. I ended up with a UM4.6k but I've already tried the BMCC and loved it.

Like all the comments before already said, this is a beautiful story, touching and very wel shot. Some shots like the first one on the beach reminded me of films like 'The Tree of Life', so yeah, loved it! tnx for sharing.

Thanks Perry. Tree of Life is one of my all time favorites and certainly a reference when I was shooting this film.